Recabling Sony PFR-V1
Jan 20, 2021 at 8:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Justice Strike

100+ Head-Fier
I have to recable my PFR-V1. Currently the original cable is on it. However the right speaker is not working well. I'm going to add mmcx connector to it, just to avoid me having to open up these phones and having to solder again.

The recablng itself is not a problem (just desolder and resolder the wires). I'm however unsure how to disassemble the headphone such that i can remove the original wire (there is a wire retention mechanism).

Does anyone have experience with recabling these headphones?

Jan 21, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #2 of 3
I have to recable my PFR-V1. Currently the original cable is on it. However the right speaker is not working well. I'm going to add mmcx connector to it, just to avoid me having to open up these phones and having to solder again.

The recablng itself is not a problem (just desolder and resolder the wires). I'm however unsure how to disassemble the headphone such that i can remove the original wire (there is a wire retention mechanism).

Does anyone have experience with recabling these headphones?

Is there noone with some experience? I'm really talking about the yellow marked areas of the headphone. I want to avoid breaking this fantastic headphone.

Attachments

• 67869 marked.jpg
    67869 marked.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 0
Jan 21, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #3 of 3
I have the PFR-V1 and its best to send it to a custom cable company who can handle it professionally. Might be a pretty penny but better in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back