Recabling HD650s: Do people go the whole way?
Oct 17, 2007 at 9:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Audio Jester

1000+ Head-Fier
A question struck me today. When people usually recable their 650's they just unplug the original cables from the connectors and then plug in new ones right? Well with all these top-shelf cables, they still stop before they hit the driver and have to travel through (presumably lower grade) stock cables WITHIN the headphone, between the connector and the driver. So has anyone gone the whole way and attached their high-performance cables from Jack to Driver? Will this result in and even bigger increase in sonic qualities??

...or am I missing something here?

blink.gif

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:38 PM Post #2 of 3
Ok don't quote me on this, but i think it is impossible since the coil is attached to the driver and pass through some kind of glass material before coming out to the "outputs". But yeah the coil look pretty cheap, i am sure somebody already tried to do a full out recable here. He might pop up in this thread if that ever happened hehe.

Oct 17, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Jester /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A question struck me today. When people usually recable their 650's they just unplug the original cables from the connectors and then plug in new ones right? Well with all these top-shelf cables, they still stop before they hit the driver and have to travel through (presumably lower grade) stock cables WITHIN the headphone, between the connector and the driver. So has anyone gone the whole way and attached their high-performance cables from Jack to Driver? Will this result in and even bigger increase in sonic qualities??

...or am I missing something here?

blink.gif

Come on now - even if you do believe that the stock external cable needs replacing, do you really think that a couple of inches inside the cups is going to make any difference? - Sennheiser used to go straight from the voice coil to the coupling socket with a very fine bonded gold wire - no way to interfere with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back