Recabling HD595's, Heatshrink
May 6, 2007 at 7:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

colonelkernel8

Headphoneus Supremus
Well, I have nearly completed my HD595 cable which consists of 4 24awg silver plated copper in teflon strands braided, sheathed in carbon techflex and terminated with a Cardas GRQ S S 1/4" plug. Problem is, I dont have all the right heatshrink to finish the job, and I dont have any places nearby to buy any from and I only need a really small amount of some specific varieties.

I need about 6 inches of 5/8" 3:1 heatshrink for the Cardas plug (its a small cable going to a large plug, thats why the 3:1 is important) and about a foot of 3/8" 2:1 (for the end of the cable that goes into the headphones). If you can help me out, I may have something to trade you or I can just pay you for it.

Thanks a lot guys.

May 7, 2007 at 10:06 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I have nearly completed my HD595 cable which consists of 4 24awg silver plated copper in teflon strands braided, sheathed in carbon techflex and terminated with a Cardas GRQ S S 1/4" plug. Problem is, I dont have all the right heatshrink to finish the job, and I dont have any places nearby to buy any from and I only need a really small amount of some specific varieties.

I need about 6 inches of 5/8" 3:1 heatshrink for the Cardas plug (its a small cable going to a large plug, thats why the 3:1 is important) and about a foot of 3/8" 2:1 (for the end of the cable that goes into the headphones). If you can help me out, I may have something to trade you or I can just pay you for it.

Thanks a lot guys.

I have 3:1 1/2" and 3/4" black adhesive heatshrink. Is that okay?

I have 2:1 3/8" black or red nonadhesive heathrink.

The smallest heatshinks I have are 2:1 1/8" black nonadhesive and small pieces of 3:1 1/8" black adhesive heatshrink.

Btw, why such long pieces?

May 8, 2007 at 10:00 PM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by threEchelon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have 3:1 1/2" and 3/4" black adhesive heatshrink. Is that okay?

I have 2:1 3/8" black or red nonadhesive heathrink.

The smallest heatshinks I have are 2:1 1/8" black nonadhesive and small pieces of 3:1 1/8" black adhesive heatshrink.

Btw, why such long pieces?

Long pieces because I may have to cut them up and layer them to get the thickness I need. They dont necessarily have to be that long in one piece.

Ill take the 3/4" 3:1 adhesive and the 2:1 3/8" black. I will take a few of the small pieces of the 3:1 1/8" adhesive, Ill need approximately 4 1/2" pieces, including an extra one or two if I mess up.

You can shoot me a PM, thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back