Recabling DT-480's
Apr 6, 2010 at 10:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

moward

New Head-Fier
Hi, this is my first post here!

What cable can you recommend for my Beyer Dynamic DT-480's? I suspect a broken cable somewhere as the L/H as it is intermittent.

Also what do people use for replacement foam? - the covering in these is long gone!

thanks

Apr 6, 2010 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 2
Quote:

Originally Posted by moward /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi, this is my first post here!

What cable can you recommend for my Beyer Dynamic DT-480's? I suspect a broken cable somewhere as the L/H as it is intermittent.

Also what do people use for replacement foam? - the covering in these is long gone!

thanks

Well, you've got a couple of choices. Beyer sells a replacement for the DT480/DT100/DT150 called the K109.00. This is a straight cable that is usually sold unterminated. You can get one of the talented DIYers here to put the terminating plug of you choice on it.

You can also get one of the masterful DIYers to create a new cable for you with premium cable, if you send the six-prong adapter that is standard connection to the right cup on all of these models. A good cabler can use this to attach a completely new cable. I've had the very best experience with this method. It can make--to my mind--a very significant difference.

Or you can buy a used curly or flat cable. There are old cables to be had on ebay, and I have a spare, if you're interested.

And if you decide that you want to sell them on, then send me a PM.

But I would ignore the nay-sayers: these are some extraordinary phones. Treat them with love and they'll be your faithful companion for all the days of your life.

What Ohms are the model that you're using?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back