Recabled DT770 impressions?
Oct 20, 2004 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

S_Dedalus

1000+ Head-Fier
I'm thinking about getting my DT770's recabled, but I'm not sure if it would be better just to sell them as they are and get a stock pair of MS-2's. Since I can't audition either, I'd like to hear comments from people who've used either the recabled beyers, and if possible both.
Thanks for your help

Oct 21, 2004 at 3:35 AM Post #2 of 8
I bought a pair of recabled DT770's from Larry at Headphile and I must say they are quite an improvement over the stock DT770's. My biggest gripe with the 770's has always been the really harsh treble and overshadowed mid-range. The recabled 770's fix both of those problems, the harsh treble is completely gone and while the mid-range is still overshadowed by the monster bass it is more pronounced that it is on the stock cans. I haven't heard the MS-2's so I can't give you any comparision there but the recabled 770's are a step above the stock 770's.

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:31 AM Post #4 of 8
Oh, I like the sound alright, I'm just trying to get a feel for what the improvements are like. I just want things to tighten up a bit, make the bass a little less boomy, more punchy.

Oct 21, 2004 at 4:33 AM Post #5 of 8
they will tighten, they will get less harsh, it's a worthy mod to do. but see my review comparo of how it does against the MS-2
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 21, 2004 at 5:00 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
they will tighten, they will get less harsh, it's a worthy mod to do. but see my review comparo of how it does against the MS-2
smily_headphones1.gif

I just read it. I'm going to send them out tomorrow. I'm also getting a pair of 1m silver cpu IC's. Hopefully by the time I get them back, I'll have finished the mods on my 0404, cased up my meta, and started on some other amp project, maybe the Morgan Jones earmax clone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back