Recabled Cardas HD580 + Pimeta amp = Tears of Joy
Aug 30, 2007 at 12:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

vixro

Head-Fier
I AM CRYING RIGHT NOW FROM THE JOY I FEEL OF LISTENING TO MY MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

580smile.gif

I was expecting something great out of this, instead I got something amazing. I just got the upgraded mini RCA Cardas IC and HD650 Cardas cables for my HD580 set. I have had this beautiful looking Pimeta amp sitting on my desk but unable to use it until this day.

The cables look amazing with the shielding and sleeving job that Soloz did and matched with the perfect looking Pimeta amp I could absolutely not be happier. (I use that term loosely as I assume I can still burn in a few pieces of my equipment and tweak a little more.)

I am ecstatic! All of my completed details are in my sig finally. The only piece left is the Beyerdynamic cushioned headband that will be arriving soon.

Auzen X-Fi Prelude sporting the LM4562NA opamp.
IMG_0836-vi.jpg

Pimeta Amp and IC.
IMG_0844-vi.jpg

IMG_0845-vi.jpg

IMG_0841-vi.jpg

The headphones.
IMG_0843-vi.jpg

Livin' the dream.
IMG_0840-vi.jpg

Aug 30, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #3 of 9
that's an awesome setup you have there! that should be audio bliss for years to come! no need to upgrade... =D

Aug 30, 2007 at 12:45 AM Post #4 of 9
Amazing, I've been using a Pimeta (ad8620ar op-amp and the buf634 buffer along with wima caps and cerafine main filter caps and alps volume pot) with my cardas cabled HD-600's for a little over a year now, and I absolutly love the sound. Before the amp I almost gave up on the HD600's but it's now a main-stay in my office setup.

Glad to see another Pimeta user enjoying the hell out of this fantastic DIY project.

Aug 30, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #6 of 9
The amp and power supply were designed by "i has a can" and "colonelkernel8" recapped it and made the case for it (which is amazing).

My soldering ability is absolutely terrible so I thank both of these people for doing such a great job on this amplifier. My thanks also goes out to Soloz for making such amazing cables. I am one happy guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back