Recable (where?) or Replace (with what?) Fischer Audio DBA-02
Sep 30, 2016 at 9:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

cruizin caleb

100+ Head-Fier
for tl;dr—questions in bold.

It's a sad day—I noticed that there's a short in my Fischer Audio DBA-02, such that the sound cuts out when I fidget with the cord where it connects to the jack. I owned the Brainwavz B2 before the Fischer Audio DBA-02, but those had a nasty run-in with a wash machine. Since then I went through some cheaper VSONICs, some cheaper Brainwavz, and even Triple.Fi 10s (which I sold) before tracking down another TWFK based IEM—everything since the Brainwavz B2 felt muddy or flat/anemic. I love the crisp and aggressive highs—sparkle without sibilance—and the tight, quick but by no means anemic bass...

Anyway, I'm after this TWFK sound (I'm worried that I'm so used to it now, that I'll be disappointed with anything else). I've been out of the Head-Fi scene for awhile now, so I don't know what some of the newer IEMs are—but is there anything these days in a comparable price range that can be seen as in the same family as the old TWFK-based IEMs (e.g. Brainwavz B2, Fischer Audio DBA-02, VSONIC GR01, VSONIC VC1000, Audio Technica ATH-CK10, and I don't know what else)?

Or, given my attachment to this sound signature, do you recommend getting these DBA-02s recabled? If so, can someone point me to where this can be done? I imagine it wouldn't cost more than buying another TWFK IEM...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back