Recable to right driver ?
Sep 1, 2011 at 1:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Noah87

New Head-Fier
Hellooo Everyboddyyyy

So I've been able to buy an LP 240 Sextett from an user here (and you cannot believe how thrilled I am )

now I was wondering wether it would be possible to recable these but connect them to the right driver ...( this would be easier for me as my connections when I'm at my desk are to my right and I don't like cable's hanging around.) Moving the set up is not an option btw 
wink.gif

if this post already exists pls excuse for my ignorance and if your willing throw me in the right direction

thx !!

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:37 PM Post #2 of 3
You can. Its done exactly like the left driver, but on the right side. All of the parts (cable grommet, and holes in the plastic) are symmetrical, so there is no cutting required - just a lot of disassembly, soldering, and reassembly. 

Edited:
You may also just want to wire the inputs of your amplifier "backwards" and put the headphones on backwards. Or do it in software. 

Sep 1, 2011 at 2:10 PM Post #3 of 3
Hey thanks for the quick reply , yeah wiring my inputs of my amp would be kinda difficult as I'm planning on connecting my phones to my Mixing table ...

when you say "a lot" of disassembly , soldering and reassembly would this job be that much harder than a "normal" recable ?

if there are any guides out there .... it would be helpfull I guess...

thx !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back