Recable or move on?
Dec 10, 2011 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

JHex2

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I've owned a pair of Yuin G2As for about 2 months now, and the cable is already cracking by the headphone jack. I use it in my portable setup (iMod 5.5g > ALO LOD > Pico Slim) on my desk at the office so I'm kinda surprised they'd be falling apart so quick. 

I dont really want to return them or anything because I dont feel that would solve the problem. 

I use clipons because my ears are weird and IEMs and earbuds keep falling out of both ears. I'm also deathly afraid of the bud coming off in my ear, which has happened before.

So my question is

1. Is it even worth it to recable them, or should I get new clip-ons?

and the follow up depending on your answer is

2a. Any recommendation on where to get them recabled?

2b. What are some clipons with amazing SQ that have a sturdy cable or that can be recabled? I was looking at the Sennheiser OMX 680s, but considering I rarely even take the stairs at work, I think that may be overkill.

Thanks in advance!  

Dec 10, 2011 at 6:28 PM Post #3 of 4
Not trying to put you off clip-ons, whatever type you wanna use, but, you sure about not trying IEMs?

I admit i never had any luck with earbuds, but IEMs work for me, i do have a lot of trouble with the flimsy sillicone tips, none work for me, but foam tips, and wearing phones over the ear, they stay in real well.

Just a thought, i am sure many will tell you what clip-ons to go for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back