Recable my grado 325i or get an HF 2?
Nov 12, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #31 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by charliex /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't believe in recabling either - the difference is so negligible if any. And as for the HD800 sugestion - unless you have several thousand to spend then this is not an option since the HD800 requires a high-end (and very costly) source/amp to achieve proper SQ. And if you have several thousand to spend then go electrostatic with the O2.

What about ALO cables like on the Ultrasone 780? Some people say it brings it up to Edition 9 level.

Nov 12, 2009 at 8:36 PM Post #32 of 33
Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent_Moler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would keep them, since they were my first pair of REAL headphones but I have this philosophy that I only want to keep 3 pairs of all of my audio equipment, 3 amps, 3 IEMs, and 3 headphones. I'm doing this to ensure that I don't buy things I don't often use (as of now I'm using my denons a lot more than the grados) and to not go too far with my audio spending. I just got into this hobby earlier this year and already i've spent about $1600!!
I'm saving my third pair of full sized headphones for a sennheiser 650 or 600...

I can certainly understand that, the main thing is to buy and keep what you enjoy most, trust your own ears and allow yourself to enjoy the music and try not to focus too much on the gear itself (if possible).

Good luck on your trading and I hope you end up with cans that you enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back