Recable KSC75 with UE cable. Is it possible?
Dec 8, 2007 at 9:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Lil' Knight

Headphoneus Supremus
After doing Kramer-mod with my KSC75, I am fairly satisfied
biggrin.gif

However, the next thing I want to do is to replace the cheap cable of KSC75 with that of from the UE Super.fi or Westone.
I found one, crystal clear on UE website. It looks nice
biggrin.gif
The cable of Westone I couldn't find T.T
Spare%20Cable%20-%20Clear_1.jpg

I wonder if I can recable my KSC75 with this? And has anyone here tried this? IF yes, what is the after-mod sound signature? More or less bass?

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 7
I'm thinking of possibly using this same cable for recabling K81DJ's that I just purchased. I'll be using the K81DJ's either with my computer speakers (M-Audio AV40's) or with my iphone... no separate amp will be used.

Can anybody comment on the quality of ultimate ears cords? 46 inches seems to be the same length of my KSC75's... which it would be nice if it was a little longer... but it has worked fine so far.

Does anyone have any other recommendations for pre-made cords in the same price range? I have access to a good soldering station and shrink tubing.. so I'm not afraid of making my own... but I want it to look nice and clean.

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #3 of 7
Westone ES2 cable is much better, I just replaced my SF5 cable with them - after a bit of modification - more comfortable!

The UE cable is very heavy, and stubborn - memory cable, I wouldn't reccomend it for a recable!

Jan 2, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #4 of 7
I think they seem pretty solid but I have heard reports of the clear cables showing the oxidization of the cable, which turns the metal greenish. So far, I haven't noticed anything but I have only had my SF5 Pro with clear cables for a few months.

Jan 2, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by FeedMeTrance /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Westone ES2 cable is much better, I just replaced my SF5 cable with them - after a bit of modification - more comfortable!

Awesome thanks... I assume the connectors are fairly durable and won't develop shorts after a few weeks?

It looks like they go for about $35 on Westone's site. Is there a better/cheaper source for them?

I'm still sorta considering rolling my own... but I'm thinking pre-made might lead to a cheaper/cleaner recable... since I only will do one.

Jan 2, 2008 at 6:10 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You modded the Westone cable? What did you do to it?

He replaces his UE with the Westone, quite easy
biggrin.gif

And about the sound after recabling .. ? Anyone
frown.gif
?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back