recable k81dj
Oct 30, 2006 at 1:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

cwuzer

100+ Head-Fier
i thought i'd give this a shot...does anyone want to recable my k81dj for me?

the stock cord is kinda long and now that the connection to the left driver is going bad i thought i'd try this.

i'd pay for the work and stuff that's not a problem. i have no experience in this kinda thing so i'd rather have someone with experience do it.

thanks.

Oct 30, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #2 of 6
You can post this in the DIY forum or the Cable Forum you might have better chances over there.
Good luck you won't be disapointed =D

Oct 30, 2006 at 3:49 AM Post #4 of 6
I know Fureshi has re-cabled 81's for himself and his pics of his work look very clean.

I don't know if he does it for others, but ask him.

Also, Phergus 25 has just started his own little business (re-cable, etc.) and his work is supposed to be pretty good.

Ed

Oct 30, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #5 of 6
since the thread title was broad, i'll ask this question:

i've got some 20awg teflon-coated silver-plated-copper wire; might it be a good wire to recable these phones? i've also got starquad (canare)

which do you think might be better? i tend toward the silverplatedcopper generally

Oct 30, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah
since the thread title was broad, i'll ask this question:

i've got some 20awg teflon-coated silver-plated-copper wire; might it be a good wire to recable these phones? i've also got starquad (canare)

which do you think might be better? i tend toward the silverplatedcopper generally

Canare SQ is pure copper (and a very good grade tho). But if you happen to have teflon coated silver plated copper at hand the choice is quite obvious - go for the teflon coated silver plated copper. Canare SQ is the cleanest sounding copper I have ever heard for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back