Recable akg k81's myself, or who can do it on a budget?
Apr 13, 2008 at 4:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

woodythebandit

New Head-Fier
i looked for this but couldn't find what i was looking for.. so i wanna recable my akg k81 dj's or get them done. I was wondering how much i could get them for with a quality cable. I want the best quality for my buck, but if its too pricey i will try to do it myself. Any advice? or who can recable these for a resonable price?

Apr 13, 2008 at 1:31 PM Post #3 of 9
Feel free to PM me.
wink.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 7:37 PM Post #4 of 9
I recabled mines yesterday. Used belden 1804A mini starquad that another head-fier sent me and a neutrick plug. Took me maybe a couple of hours and the results are very nice (you won't tell that it's a DIY recable
tongue.gif
). It's not taht hard if you have a little experience with a soldering iron and can find the right cable, so I say: go for it!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2008 at 8:04 PM Post #5 of 9
I might be able to do it for ya, but that's totally depending on where you live. I live in The Netherlands, so you're in the EU, I can make it work.

Apr 13, 2008 at 8:12 PM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I might be able to do it for ya, but that's totally depending on where you live. I live in The Netherlands, so you're in the EU, I can make it work.

yeah, im in the states, but thanks

Apr 13, 2008 at 8:14 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcaudon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I recabled mines yesterday. Used belden 1804A mini starquad that another head-fier sent me and a neutrick plug. Took me maybe a couple of hours and the results are very nice (you won't tell that it's a DIY recable
tongue.gif
). It's not taht hard if you have a little experience with a soldering iron and can find the right cable, so I say: go for it!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

how much did that cost you? yeah i took them apart, and it looked pretty simple. I tried re-termination but the hard part was getting the terminal to the cord. once i have that, connecting the new cable dosn't look to difficult

Apr 13, 2008 at 9:53 PM Post #8 of 9
Not much, the most expensive and hard to find it's the cable (but that's because I'm at Spain, I assume that in the states it would be quite easy), lets say............ 10-12 USD (aprox
wink.gif
) for a couple meters of cable, a neutrick jack, some heatshrink and something to cover the y split (I've used a faston terminal covering that fits perfectly)

Apr 14, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcaudon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not much, the most expensive and hard to find it's the cable (but that's because I'm at Spain, I assume that in the states it would be quite easy), lets say............ 10-12 USD (aprox
wink.gif
) for a couple meters of cable, a neutrick jack, some heatshrink and something to cover the y split (I've used a faston terminal covering that fits perfectly)

Nice!, yeah how many Euro's was it for you? i was in spain early this year- bilbao y madrid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back