Rec for Full-Size "Gym OK" 100-300
Aug 11, 2014 at 5:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

ctepp111

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I am looking for a pair in the over-ear sealed headphones in the 100-300 range (maybe higher depending on the added benefit).

* I have a pair of Ultrasones circa 2007 that have been through hell and back with me, and still work and sound great. I am looking for a another pair that can also take a beating. I would consider other brands if the incremental benefit is significant
* I mainly will use them at the gym, so low impedance (will play off of a tablet)
* I am looking for high isolation so I can listen at a softer volume to the same effect. In a noisy gym, this is very important to me,  as my ears hurt a lot at higher volumes
* Mid range and vocals are important, as I mainly watch movies (as opposed to music).
* Since I will wear them at the gym, something that can handle a bit of sweat would be nice. Not sure how the pleather of HFI headphones will stand up to that environment. 

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. So far, I have been looking at HFI-780, DJ1s, and vmoda m-100s.

Best,
Clinton

Aug 12, 2014 at 1:33 AM Post #2 of 2
Sorry for the bump, but I would very much appreciate some advice on this.

I have trawled through the forums, and so far the only pair that seems to meet all of the above criteria is the signature DJ, which is both out of my price range and no longer made. There must be some rugged closed pair of headphones that can take a bit of sweat, provide high isolation, and convey reasonable sound quality in vocal ranges.

Best,
Clinton

Users who are viewing this thread

Back