Reasonably-priced mini-to-mini/mini-to-XLR cables, preferably from US seller?
Jul 11, 2013 at 9:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Sinistarr

New Head-Fier
So, I'm this close to buying a CLAS -dB and Rx Mk3-B and went looking at prices of connectors to go with them. 

...at ALO's prices for cables, I'd rather get some longer cables, splice, solder and rewrap with electrical tape. 
basshead.gif

Without trying to stir up any hornets' nests, I'll simply say I'm not a believer in super-ultra-deluxe cables and LODs. At the very least, I've not had a chance to experiment with them and can safely say that, after doing the Head-Fi thing for a couple of years with decently-built non-'premium' cables (think Monoprice and the like), I'm not in a huge rush to plunk down $$$ to do so.

I understand that super-short cables for connections like iPod-to-CLAS are a niche product and may be priced a bit higher, but I'm not  buying - in any sense of the word - the prices that some vendors are charging.

Anyone have any suggestions for more reasonably-priced interconnects (mini-to-mini and mini-to-XLR)? A US seller would be preferable, as I will kind of be in a rush to get these 
biggrin.gif
, but elsewhere would be considered if the price is right.

Thanks!

Jul 18, 2013 at 12:50 PM Post #2 of 4
Noone has any suggestions?

I saw BTG Audio mentioned elsewhere on the forums; I sent a question to them, using the form on their website, a few days ago about a balanced-to-balanced interconnect but haven't heard anything back - guess they're not interested.

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #3 of 4
Blue Jeans Cables will make you something custom, are practical, and very reasonably priced.  Made in the USA

Jul 19, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #4 of 4
You might want to take a look at Redco Audio as well. They are very reasonably priced and will make you custom cables. They are located in Connecticut.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back