Reasonably Priced DAP's
Mar 6, 2014 at 12:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

smithfaced

New Head-Fier
For the first time, I put down more than $50 on headphones. I got a pair of ATH M50's for a good price based on a suggestion from my friend Adam. As a college student, I'm running around a fair amount, and I usually use my iPod nano when I'm doing work and listening to music. Unfortunately, the poor thing is starting to die after several years of dedicated music playback. I'm now looking at suitable replacements. What are your favorite, ( and go to ), DAP's?

Mar 6, 2014 at 1:30 AM Post #2 of 6
I'm assuming that your music is mainly on iTunes? Why not another nano? It will save you the hassle of adapting to another file management system.

If you want cheap alternatives, the Colorfly C3 is one option. From what i gather, it is available through Taobao (China's version of Amazon). Another budget alternative that is highly recommended is a Sansa Clip+. This can be Rockbox for better UI and overall functionality.

Mar 8, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #3 of 6
Better still would be the iBasso DX50. It's for 250 or less directly from iBasso and I would pick it over the AK100. The AK100 does have a blacker background but the sound is more transparent with the iBasso which I value more. The AK100 is more than twice the iBasso's price though.

Mar 8, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #4 of 6
In order according to price:

1. Sansa Clip: Great SQ for such a small device, Rock-boxable, plays most audio formats, memory expandable (under $30)

2. Colorfly C3: EXCELLENT SQ for the price, memory expandable (under $100)

3. iBasso DX50: Very good SQ, memory expandable, USB OTG capable, variable gain, touch screen (under $250)

Mar 9, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #5 of 6
problem with the colorfly is that it cannot have hq audio files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back