Reasonably priced cable with good build quality for Amiron Home?
Sep 17, 2020 at 6:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

viivo

100+ Head-Fier
I received a pair of Beyerdynamic Amiron Homes in a trade but with one of those horrible "Fantasia" replacement cables all over Amazon. Unspurprisingly, now after very little use, the left channel is cutting out. Wiggling the end plugged into the amp brings it back temporarily (tried inputs on other devices as well) so I know it's the cable and not the headphones.

Anyway, can someone recommend a cable with better build quality that is compatible with the Amirons? Finding one has been more difficult than I thought since the 3.5mm jacks are set deep into the earcups requiring the plugs be slim to fit.

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2020 at 9:12 AM Post #2 of 3
I received a pair of Beyerdynamic Amiron Homes in a trade but with one of those horrible "Fantasia" replacement cables all over Amazon. Unspurprisingly, now after very little use, the left channel is cutting out. Wiggling the end plugged into the amp brings it back temporarily (tried inputs on other devices as well) so I know it's the cable and not the headphones.

Anyway, can someone recommend a cable with better build quality that is compatible with the Amirons? Finding one has been more difficult than I thought since the 3.5mm jacks are set deep into the earcups requiring the plugs be slim to fit.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-Core-Pu...425707?hash=item34284cde6b:g:e-oAAOSwLt5ewfXh

I got my Sennheiser cables here, Fast shipping, Great build, etc!!

Sep 17, 2020 at 9:46 AM Post #3 of 3
Thanks for the response.

In a related question, as the craptasia cable has fully failed I figured I'd DIY something in the meantime. I pulled out an old Beyer cable and planned to solder it to just below the Y split in the dead one, but both use those coated/colored wires that I cannot figure out how to solder. I've tried all the suggestions I could find with no luck - I even set my iron to 400℃ hoping that would melt whatever is on them, but no luck.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back