Reaplacing fuse in DAC
Aug 9, 2008 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

zool

500+ Head-Fier
I'm trying to replace the fuse in my DAC.. The fuse in it was a F1AL 250V.. I have a T1,6L 250V at home, will this fuse work? I'm guessing not but I thought I might ask.

Aug 9, 2008 at 11:52 PM Post #2 of 3
Fuses are rated on there dimensions there type (slow blow, fast blow, time lag, etc) and the current needed for them to burn out (1A, 3A, 5A, etc). I haven't googled those two fuses but I guess they won't match. Best idea is to find out the specs for the old fuse and buy a new one with the same specs. Rember that fuses blow sometimes for a reason! so check that no part of the DAC is contacting the case and that no parts are obviously damaged before replacing the fuse.

Aug 10, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by kipman725 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fuses are rated on there dimensions there type (slow blow, fast blow, time lag, etc) and the current needed for them to burn out (1A, 3A, 5A, etc). I haven't googled those two fuses but I guess they won't match. Best idea is to find out the specs for the old fuse and buy a new one with the same specs. Rember that fuses blow sometimes for a reason! so check that no part of the DAC is contacting the case and that no parts are obviously damaged before replacing the fuse.

Thank you for clearing that out for me.

I went fuse hunting today and found a new fuse for my DAC, replaced it and now it works just fine.
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back