really upset - Little Dot I+ confiscated from DHL at customs
Apr 13, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #16 of 21
I guess the customs thing is pretty hit or miss. My Audio GD ROC came through customs in about 2 hours. Waiting for the Reference 5 to come so we will see if my luck holds out or not, LOL Go enjoy your birthday and have some fun!!!!

Apr 13, 2010 at 9:46 PM Post #17 of 21
mine arrived this morning, its sitting at home and have to wait for another 7 hours until i can plug it in, this is just as bad right
frown.gif
?

Apr 14, 2010 at 1:07 AM Post #18 of 21
I know! It's a darn shame we have to work to pay for this stuff. LOL

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:21 PM Post #19 of 21
It’s not just a HKG to US problem, my MAD EAR+ kit (from Canada) was released yesterday by UK customs after 6 days, and of course to late to have been delivered today.

IF it arrives tomorrow then the expensive (120USD) 4 (working) day delivery will have turned into 2 weeks, which with the kit also being dispatched 3 weeks later than originally estimated is more than a trifle annoying.
angry_face.gif

Hope it’s worth the wait, cost and build time.

Apr 14, 2010 at 9:34 PM Post #20 of 21
You guys do know that any international shipping is conditional on the gear *not* getting held up in customs?

As much as it sucks, the shipping service is not the government of the country you live in (unless they are a part of it, in which case they *WILL* deliver your package to customs and make them tax it) and no shipper can get around the customs duty's and regulations required wherever you live. Even if they *could* this is considered tax evasion in many places, as customs fees are indeed just another tax.

If whatever you imported before this didnt get charged when it passed customs, congratulations, free pass! that it got held up this time should be considered normal, rather than the exception. Its really a matter of perspective.

Apr 14, 2010 at 10:00 PM Post #21 of 21
^- yes but a week to clear 1 parcel Grrrrr !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back