Really need some ear-clip bluetooth earbuds, particularly to listen to podcasts and ambient tracks to (mostly) block out outside noise. For some reason people only recommend MPOW.
Jun 16, 2020 at 6:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

toodles

New Head-Fier
Really didn't want to post this but...on other sites I was explicitly told that the headphones I was looking for don't exist which didn't sit well with me primarily because, well...I have about 50-100$ to spend...and apparently there's already a non-puke option at 20$ called MPOW (i.e., the Flame) that's recommended all the time. Roughly I just want something that's a bit better. I'd recommend going and looking at it to get a sense of the sort of design I'm looking for.

I noted that all I wanted was a clip-on (with the thing that goes around the ear) bluetooth pair of earbuds as regular earbuds always fall out, comfortable enough to sleep in on my side, not too bassy or fatiguing with a sound signature that's friendly towards musicals and podcasts (basically love vocals+sound staging the most). Something that in general has a relatively decent, firm plug on the ears and should drown out outside noise a bit. I kept on hearing that it's impossible for earbuds to noise cancel and...I mean, I've had decent luck with my old pair before they died. It, say, wasn't as great as my Sennheiser Momentum 2s, but they definitely did the trick.

Jun 16, 2020 at 7:23 PM Post #2 of 3
The term I think you want is ear hook, not clip on. Also an earbud does not seal the ear canal and why they have no isolation.

Left is earbud, right is IEM:

What it sounds like you want is an Bluetooth IEM with an ear hook.

QCY just came out with one called the T6, which is on sale for about $21/22 on AliExpress currently. I can't say the SQ, as I haven't heard it but QCY has done decent Bluetooth TWS in the past.
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000986708914.html

Mpow has had their their version, the flame pro out for a few months now. $66/67
https://m.aliexpress.com/item/4000842310331.html

They are similar in design to the apple powerbeats but significantly cheaper.

If you need to be comfortable with your head turned, none of the ear hook Bluetooth TWS are going to be comfortable. You'd be better off with something like the es100, btr3k or btr5 with over ear cable IEM's.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2020 at 8:04 PM Post #3 of 3
Forgot to mention, you can also go TWS adapters and your choice of IEM/Earbud like the: TRN BT20/BT20S, Fiio UTWS1, Fostex TM2 or Shure TWS adapter.

BT20 & IEM
20190508_005216.jpg

BT20S & Earbud
20190707_105032.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back