Really interested in the NW-HD5
Apr 25, 2005 at 3:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

nsx280ps

100+ Head-Fier
Hi

Im in the US and I just sold my Ipod mini and a need a higher storage DAP...

I was considering the NW-HD5, Ipod photo 30gb and the gigabeeat 20gb

I really dont want the apple, mostly because of its SQ and size.. the gigabeat is a bit chunky too...

I really want to get the NW-HD5 from ebay imported from Japan, as I think it is perfect for me.... since there is no preorders or dates for the US... I cant wait that long..

If I get one thats from Japan, will it work with Sonicstage 3.1 english?? I just downloaded the software from another forum, but Im just really worry that if I get it it wont work with the english 3.1 and ill end up with a paperweight.. Does anyone know if itll work?

Please help
confused.gif

Apr 25, 2005 at 9:10 AM Post #2 of 7
In my opinion you should wait. The nw hd5 will be released worldwide next mounth. The toshiba gigabeat is also a very good player but I advise looking at the g series instead of the knoen f series, check www.audiocubes.com. Its alot slimmer than the ipod and shorter but its abit wider. The 30GB ipod photo is also a good choice but if your considering size then I dont think its a good buy for you. Apple will also show the 5th gen ipods in june and the prices of current ipods will decrease significantly. For size I'd say wait for the nw5, its also what im going for.

Apr 25, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Electric_Mofo
Apple will also show the 5th gen ipods in june and the prices of current ipods will decrease significantly.

Where did you get your sources?

Apr 25, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by SFz
Where did you get your sources?

I think he means the RUMOURS that Apple will unveil new players in June. Bar a higher battery life, storage capacities, colour screen standard, different colours for Ipod?, I don't think any new player, IF ANY will be radically "new"
biggrin.gif

May 1, 2005 at 6:07 PM Post #7 of 7
The NW-HD5 will come in a 30GB model, too.

I have heard good things about the Gigabeat G series. When I was in Japan in November I looked at it - nice DAP!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back