Really good Trans music? Help!
Oct 21, 2005 at 4:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Trogdor

Reviewer: Metal-Fi
I'm a classical, jazz, metal-head. With that said, I really enjoy Dreamland by Robert Miles a lot which I'm told is a form of trans...

Fine...cool...can anyone please suggest where I should go from here...I would like to buy more stuff like this...I could use some guidance!

rs1smile.gif

Trogdor

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:46 AM Post #2 of 11
e5638862del.jpg

Oct 21, 2005 at 4:31 PM Post #4 of 11
OK, I guess I'd better explain here before you go out and get that Neil album. I thought someone else would do this, but not yet....

Neil Young's Trans, while partially electronic and definitely not normal Neil, is not what you're looking for. What you're asking about is known as trance music, not trans. I was just being a wise guy.

As far as trance goes, I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but I can tell you that the Miles track you mention isn't totally trance, it's more like a mix between trance and radio dance music or something. Trance is more like club music, with a constant thump-thump-thump, and breakdowns all over the place. But still a bit similar, so your friend wasn't incorrect there.

I suggest you check out Sasha and Digweed's Northern Exposure series, it would probably be right up the alley you want. I know there's one (or two) volumes in this series that is more highly regarded than others, but don't know which (someone?).

Oct 22, 2005 at 7:25 AM Post #6 of 11
OK, since you're getting little help here, here's a thread:

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showt...ghlight=trance

I really suggest you try that Northern Exposure series, though.... I think it would be what you're looking for. Or find a way to alter the title of this thread. I figured you just heard the person wrong.....

Oct 22, 2005 at 9:26 AM Post #7 of 11
If you like Robert Miles you may like Chris Huelsbeck too, he has made 8 game soundtracks and 6 trance mp3's available here. You may also like 'Chicane - Far From The Maddening Crowds', 'Chicane - Behind The Sun' and 'ATB - Movin Melodies'. These are slow and high quality.

If you want something faster you can try Armin Van Buuren or DJ Tiesto. (DJ Tiesto is lower quality but faster.)

If you want the highest quality albums you should check out these:

(very fast trance): Shiva Chandra - Change Of Air
(fast trance): Paul Van Dyk - Reflections
(slow trance): Chicane - Far From The Maddening Crowds
(very slow trance): Enigma - MCMXC A.D
(variable tempo): Shpongle - Are You Shpongled?

Oct 23, 2005 at 4:44 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by s m @
I really suggest you try that Northern Exposure series, though.... I think it would be what you're looking for. Or find a way to alter the title of this thread. I figured you just heard the person wrong.....

The original in the series is the best, IMO, although I'm no expert in the genre either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back