Really Good Deal (I think)
Mar 7, 2005 at 2:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Twigs

100+ Head-Fier
If ya want a "hip-hop" inspired 20gb player check this out Rocbox at Compusa . It only $149.99 for 20gb. I'm not sure if theres a cheaper 20gb player, but I just wanted to post this in case someone wanted a super cheap 20gb player.

Mar 7, 2005 at 3:04 AM Post #2 of 12
Haha, it looks like a giant iShuffle w/ screen.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, that is pretty cheap, though I think you can get the Zen Xtra, and the Karma, for not much more.

Mar 7, 2005 at 3:26 AM Post #3 of 12
How is it hip-hop inspired?

And personally I wouldn't be buying a no name brand DAP on acound of the quality probally isnt that great same with the interface and software...and if you could get a karma for a little more...why?

Mar 7, 2005 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 12
im guessing you just posted that in the wrong thread
orphsmile.gif

Mar 7, 2005 at 4:03 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by radicaltothemax
How is it hip-hop inspired?

And personally I wouldn't be buying a no name brand DAP on acound of the quality probally isnt that great same with the interface and software...and if you could get a karma for a little more...why?

The Rocbox is made and distributed my Damon Dash the man behind Roc-a-Fella records. The man behind Jay-Z, and thats y the Rocbox is hiphop inspired. its not really a no name brand DAP unless ur not really a hiphop fan, but it does look pretty bad.

Mar 7, 2005 at 4:11 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by tmkinf
Ok, I Just got around to install SonicStage 3.0...

What's supposed to be new in this? Looks awfully much alike the previous versions (crappy, slow, buggy, inconsistent, counter-intuitive).
frown.gif

ONE nice thing though (and very very nice even if its beyond me how they manage to now include that in previous versions) is that I can transfer the mp3s to my HD3 as whatever format I choose (ie. I can choose atrac3plus at 64kbps and it will be converted when copying). Ie. it seems to let me specify that I want it converted and then copied over (before I had to do that in a billion steps including deleting the mp3s etc).

ANOTHER nice thing is that the interface has slightly less wasted space... still twice as much wasted space as any other app on the face of earth, but better than 2.3 at least.

Other thing still seems as bad as before. I still can't change multiple id3 tags on files on the player in one go (have to change ONE by ONE like before.. riddicilous), etc.

Anything else new? Can we make playlists without copying all the songs several times now? (I've only installed the Japanese version so far and my kanji skills are rusty so I'vet yet to figure everything out.. got to install an English version later). Feels more than a 2.4 than a 3.0, and for most other softwares this wouldn't even qualify as 1.0.

.tmk

When lost, pull over and ask for directions.
icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #9 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Underdog311
When lost, pull over and ask for directions.
icon10.gif

How un-manly!
eggosmile.gif

Mar 7, 2005 at 4:23 AM Post #10 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Twigs
The Rocbox is made and distributed my Damon Dash the man behind Roc-a-Fella records. The man behind Jay-Z, and thats y the Rocbox is hiphop inspired. its not really a no name brand DAP unless ur not really a hiphop fan, but it does look pretty bad.

And music producers know how to make MP3 players? Would you buy an airplane made by Toshiba? A refridgerator made by Dell? A computer made by apple?
icon10.gif

Mar 7, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #11 of 12
Poor marketing on Rocafella's part. From that picture the first thing that came to mind was "generic", not "bling bling". They should throw in a year of free downloads or exclusive Rocafella tracks to generate hype for the new albums. Blah.
Something please. Maybe make it the ANTIPOD with great headphones, FLAC support and a remote, or a nice leather case with the Rocafella logo on it. Come on people try a little harder

Mar 7, 2005 at 4:52 AM Post #12 of 12
They had one of those on their display rack the last time I was there. It was practically impossible to use because of the width of the thing, and the jog dial being on the side. In other words, its kinda big and poorly designed. But I can't argue with the price
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back