Really getting something from this hobby...
Jun 30, 2003 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Ebonyks

Headphoneus Supremus
It's been a strange night, i had to work some long hellish hours at work, and, comming home, i sat down at my computer, put in my 'phones, clicked on some mp3's, and read an interview with wayne coyne.

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/revie...986929,00.html

When i read this, i just kinda sat back, cranked up the volume, and just... well, realized every word that he said. Musically really can be the ultimate companion, and well... It's hard to articulate what i'm trying to say. I just felt closer to the music that i ever have in my lifetime, ironically, on a awful sound setup. Sporta pro's on a intergrated AC97. I guess i really have gotten something out of the ridiclious sums of money that i've pumped into my headphone system, and for this, i thank all of you.

I realize that made no sense, but i'm still in awe myself. With a stupid smile plastered on my face, the music simply is flowing into my brain. Have any of you had an experence like this?

Jun 30, 2003 at 6:55 AM Post #2 of 11
smily_headphones1.gif
all the time baby. i love it.

Jul 1, 2003 at 5:13 AM Post #4 of 11
Yes I do, quite often, and I'm glad I'm not the only one suffering from this illness. When I get home from work, the family is asleep, even the dogs, and TV sucks. I really appreciate my music, audio and computer equipment
etysmile.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 5:37 AM Post #5 of 11
I had the best listening session of my life today - i just got a naim cd 3.5 cd player and i got it hooked up with the melos and the HP-1 . I did turn off all the lighting and got a recliner chair and an ottoman .kicked back and relaxed .

i did only listen to 2 cd's

Michael Ruff - Speaking in melodies
Clair Marlo - Let it go

Both cd's are from sheffiels labs and i cant really explain what i felt .
it is either i was in the room they were doing the recording , or they were recording in my music room .

it was a blast and ill do all my late night listening sessions this way - not trying to hurry up play to really appreciate all the music in a cd.

Jul 1, 2003 at 5:51 AM Post #6 of 11
Nice thread.
I was just enjoying my packable rig tonite.
The weather is nice tonite and I had made a new AC/DC CD. I took the META42 and RS-1's outside with the Panasonic PCDP and sat in the old metal deck chair our previous neighbors gave us. This was the Grado's first time at outdoor listening.
It was very relaxing and yet invigorating at the same time. Much better than the last time I got outside. My winter upgrades were well done. There is just something about outdoor listening, under the stars with the smell of fresh baked brownies wafting by, that makes one feel so good.

Then I went inside and had a fresh baked brownie.
rs1smile.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 6:14 PM Post #7 of 11
You know, I am just listening out of my KSC-35's straight from my SCD-CE775's headphone jack since my amp's batteries are dead, and the music is just flowing
smily_headphones1.gif

Hi-fi or not, music connects with us when it wants to. And it's really flowing right now
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 1, 2003 at 6:25 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Rizumu
Hi-fi or not, music connects with us when it wants to. And it's really flowing right now
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah.. like those times that I'm without headphones, iPod/PCDP.. I start reliving the Married with Children soundtrack.
tongue.gif

Jul 4, 2003 at 3:14 PM Post #9 of 11
Overall, I find it's the music that always gives the greatest 'BUZZ'.

Sure, it's nice to be able to listen on $$$ Systems but sometimes I find that I can get closer to the music with just my R909 Minidsc Player and Sennheiser Earbuds whilst out and about.

A fantastic system is no substitute for great music!
600smile.gif

Oct 27, 2003 at 10:28 PM Post #10 of 11
I was shopping for speakers (you know, like 'phones, only bigger... [
wink.gif
]) and listened to a pair of Cerwin Vega (V6-F)... for two hours. I was trying three speakers in the same price range, and these just made me sit and enjoy my music (brought some CD:s) in a very engaging way. Incredible for a pair of $300 speakers. I was just smiling stupidly for all that time... Wow. I was literally shuddering when I left (they closed...).

Oh my...
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back