Really enjoy my Havi B3 Pro 1's, next step?
Jun 17, 2015 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

xmakeafistx

New Head-Fier
I really enjoy my Havi B3 Pro 1's, but I'm looking to upgrade now.

I really love the imaging and neutral sound of the Havi B3's. What I would like to improve is detail all around, comfort, and isolation. And if at all possible something with a detachable cable/more sensitive (not requirements). I've been looking at some of Westone's products but they seem to be a tad bit out of my price range.

My budget will more than likely be around 150-200 (used), or whatever I can trade my Sennheiser HD650's for.

Any ideas as to what I should get? I listen to a very large variety of music and honestly I couldn't narrow it down to anything specific.

Jun 18, 2015 at 1:05 AM Post #2 of 3

My budget will more than likely be around 150-200 (used), or whatever I can trade my Sennheiser HD650's for.

I'd much rather stick with the B3 Pros at this point - you're not going to find anything that's much better in many aspects than any of the best entry level IEMs at $200. Better approach is to just keep the cash, save up, then get something like a Westone UM30 or W40, or maybe a CIEM, later on. 

Jun 18, 2015 at 9:27 AM Post #3 of 3

I'd much rather stick with the B3 Pros at this point - you're not going to find anything that's much better in many aspects than any of the best entry level IEMs at $200. Better approach is to just keep the cash, save up, then get something like a Westone UM30 or W40, or maybe a CIEM, later on. 

You're probably right, I just really wish you weren't haha.  I guess that is the downside of "bang for your buck" IEM's, you start to expect more of other IEM's haha. The UM30's look pretty nice and seem to fit what I'm looking for. I'm sure if I shop around I'll find them cheap enough to where I won't have to save up for that long.

Thanks for your insight. As much as I don't like to hear it, you're probably right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back