Really confused... Sound Blaster__?__ - whats the difference??
Mar 6, 2013 at 5:40 AM Post #16 of 17
Quote:
At least the Z-series cards apparently have ASIO support now. Anyone willing to confirm that?

Latest driver of Z-series (Dated March 4th, 2013) support ASIO. Good news from Creative, finally they don't deny ASIO. I'm listening to my favorites songs with Creative ASIO.
With budget of $100-150, if you are a fan of Creative, Soundblaster Z is a good choice (Zx share the same board with Z, it has a separate volume control module than Z). Z-series are the latest product which are fully support in terms of technical assistance, drivers and replacement. Regarding to audio quality, due to all-in-one product, I think quality is average in comparison with other brandname. However, if you use it for gaming, music and movies, Z is a good choice. If you can afford the Fiio E9/E17, it would be good choice for music and Z will play the role in movies/gaming.

Mar 7, 2013 at 3:17 AM Post #17 of 17
Well, it sure didn't carry over to the Recon3D USB. I guess ASIO on a USB device was asking a bit too much, given the nature of the USB interface itself, but I'm still mildly curious if the Recon3D PCIe cards got the same ASIO treatment as the latest Z-series.

Interestingly, there were driver and firmware updates for it released last month, but I don't notice any obvious differences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back