Real tube amp - Blackfryday deals?
Nov 18, 2023 at 7:33 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

chrisssj2

100+ Head-Fier
Any tube amps that classify as a real one? I come from an AUNE T1SE MK 3 that broke. which appearently is not a real tube amp.
What tube amps could i be looking at, any that might be in price down in this time?

Nov 18, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #2 of 16
Any tube amps that classify as a real one? I come from an AUNE T1SE MK 3 that broke. which appearently is not a real tube amp.
What tube amps could i be looking at, any that might be in price down in this time?
There are full on tube amps and hybrid tube amps, which are part solid state.

You have to look at several facts:
Do you have a DAC?
What headphones do you own or plan to buy soonish?
And what is your budget?

You have lots of reading ahead of you. :slight_smile:

Nov 19, 2023 at 4:24 AM Post #3 of 16
There are full on tube amps and hybrid tube amps, which are part solid state.

You have to look at several facts:
Do you have a DAC?
What headphones do you own or plan to buy soonish?
And what is your budget?

You have lots of reading ahead of you. :slight_smile:
already did some reading.No dac. Prefer if it like my aune mk 3 tube amp which has a dac in it. My budget is 500-1000. But i may only buy if it is a good black fry day deal. I want to have that feel a good deal. I own ultrasone signature master and ultrasone signature dj

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #4 of 16
already did some reading.No dac. Prefer if it like my aune mk 3 tube amp which has a dac in it. My budget is 500-1000. But i may only buy if it is a good black fry day deal. I want to have that feel a good deal. I own ultrasone signature master and ultrasone signature dj
That is not a bad budget. Aune has a nice new unit, the S9C. FiiO has a couple of K9 units. Also HiFiman has a couple of nice DAC/Amps, called the EF400 and EF600.

There are lots of nice combo units. Including, as you noted, several tube amp/DAC units.

Different conversation though from "real tube amp" vs hybrid tube amp.

I am thinking most DAC/Amps are going to be hybrid tube amps though, although I am sure there are likely some exceptions around.

Nov 20, 2023 at 8:45 PM Post #5 of 16
There is nothing wrong with hybrid. There should be no such review stating that a hybrid produces "less" tube sound than a fully tube one, because it's not easy to quantify. The warm and full sound of tube can be achieve by either a hybrid or a fully tube one. You can always achieve another sound quality/style by tube rolling. If you don't have DAC right now, I recommend you buy a DAC and tube Amp separately, so you can easy add another solid state Amp in future to compare sound.

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:18 PM Post #7 of 16
So any good black fryday deals going on right now in EU?
I'm having a really hard time spotting them. Audiophonics has some okay deals, but nothing special at all, IMO.

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:21 PM Post #8 of 16
So any good black fryday deals going on right now in EU?
I suggest you take a look into Aliexpress IMMEDIATELY to get any deals of Chi-Fi gears. Although sales are not yet started but now you can check prices. The deals of Chi-Fi gears are not that common.
Edit: Know nothing about EU import tax at all. You should take that into consideration as well, per Lindholdt's advice.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #9 of 16
I suggest you take a look into Aliexpress IMMEDIATELY to get any deals of Chi-Fi gears. Although sales are not yet started but now you can check prices. The deals of Chi-Fi gears are not that common.
The issue with AliExpress, or any item sent from outside the EU, is that it is pretty heavily taxed when it is imported. 😑 So deals inside EU often ends up being better, as no tax is added, for those living in the EU.

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #10 of 16
The issue with AliExpress, or any item sent from outside the EU, is that it is pretty heavily taxed when it is imported. 😑 So deals inside EU often ends up being better, as no tax is added, for those living in the EU.
New knowledge for me. I thought personal/leisure items can be exempted from import tax (up to a certain total amount annually). So it seems not a common rule.

Nov 21, 2023 at 2:46 PM Post #11 of 16
New knowledge for me. I thought personal/leisure items can be exempted from import tax (up to a certain total amount annually). So it seems not a common rule.
Unfortunately not. Where I live, most is taxes by 37% + handling fee's. So the deals needs to be really good outside EU for it to make sense 😔

Nov 21, 2023 at 8:04 PM Post #13 of 16
That is not a bad budget. Aune has a nice new unit, the S9C. FiiO has a couple of K9 units. Also HiFiman has a couple of nice DAC/Amps, called the EF400 and EF600.

There are lots of nice combo units. Including, as you noted, several tube amp/DAC units.

Different conversation though from "real tube amp" vs hybrid tube amp.

I am thinking most DAC/Amps are going to be hybrid tube amps though, although I am sure there are likely some exceptions around.
Would the FiiO K9 Pro ESS pair good with the Line Magnetic MINI 84IA and my Ultrasone signature headphones? it says "load impedance for HP to connect 4/8" my headphones are 32 ohms.

Nov 21, 2023 at 9:06 PM Post #14 of 16
Would the FiiO K9 Pro ESS pair good with the Line Magnetic MINI 84IA and my Ultrasone signature headphones? it says "load impedance for HP to connect 4/8" my headphones are 32 ohms.
I have never tried either unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back