REAL picture of the new IPOD SHUFFLE
Jan 16, 2005 at 12:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Dan the audioman

1000+ Head-Fier
macworldexpoday2sf200542.jpg

I don't know what the hell the white box to the left is but you get the idea...

The cap is taken off to reveal the usb connection.

Regards,
Dan

Jan 16, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #3 of 21
I believe that white box is the mac mini

Jan 16, 2005 at 12:47 AM Post #4 of 21
If you're a college student, don't bother spending $99 on one of these. Hang around the dining hall or library for a week or so, you'll probably find a half dozen left behind. It's too small, people will lose them constantly.

Jan 16, 2005 at 1:05 AM Post #6 of 21
*Chan gets his black mask, gloves, and running shoes ready*

Jan 16, 2005 at 1:07 AM Post #7 of 21
It's not that bad of a player at all, it works for my needs *gym*. I could always carry it with me without having to worry about it breaking or falling. Good thing alot of people dont like it because that allowed me to pick up one from the store yesterday =p

Jan 16, 2005 at 1:35 AM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan the audioman

Dan, thank you for posting this; I understand the photo's taken at an angle, but the Shuffle looks a lot smaller that I thought. It will take a trip to the Apple store for me to see if the Shuffle "feels" good and if the cap will stay on.

It's definitely smaller than a tampon!

Jan 16, 2005 at 1:47 AM Post #9 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evoz
It's not that bad of a player at all, it works for my needs *gym*. I could always carry it with me without having to worry about it breaking or falling. Good thing alot of people dont like it because that allowed me to pick up one from the store yesterday =p

Very good point. I totally forgot about the gym. I HATE the music they play at my gym!

How is the interface? does it ever get confusing to find songs?

Sound quality?

Thanks,
Dan

Jan 16, 2005 at 1:55 AM Post #10 of 21
Sound quality is good coming out of ksc-35s, you cant expect superb home rig sound, but its definitely enjoyable. I personally think how the buttons are laid out is awesome. Its very easy to control with just one hand. People say its too "long" of a player, but i realized if it was much shorter, it would be extremely hard to control with one hand. Since I got this player purposely to hold only about 30-40 songs at a time, its not too hard. I can see how having "100 songs" it might be a hassle though, but I dont need to worry about it. Its a perfect player if you just need a couple of hours of music with you. Hope this helps
--Simon

Jan 16, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evoz
Sound quality is good coming out of ksc-35s, you cant expect superb home rig sound, but its definitely enjoyable. I personally think how the buttons are laid out is awesome. Its very easy to control with just one hand. People say its too "long" of a player, but i realized if it was much shorter, it would be extremely hard to control with one hand. Since I got this player purposely to hold only about 30-40 songs at a time, its not too hard. I can see how having "100 songs" it might be a hassle though, but I dont need to worry about it. Its a perfect player if you just need a couple of hours of music with you. Hope this helps
--Simon

Thanks.

Now I'm am seriously considering getting one for gym use...I like the concept, but the price seems to be a bit steep for not having a screen.

Regards,
Dan

Jan 16, 2005 at 8:23 PM Post #13 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by D-EJ915
The mac mini actually looks nice...although it'll probably be slow as doodoo..

Plenty fast enough for itunes and SAFE internet use.

Jan 16, 2005 at 8:30 PM Post #14 of 21
Quote:

Thanks.

Now I'm am seriously considering getting one for gym use...I like the concept, but the price seems to be a bit steep for not having a screen.

Regards,
Dan

Compare the shuffle with other 512 mb mp3 players and you realize that the price is very reasonable. The only player with 512 megs that comes close with a screen is the SanDisk at 120+ shipping. And that is a SanDisk player...which you wouldnt trust if you have had San Disk Memory lol.

I want to get the MacMini and hook it up to a large LCD TV (plasma's burn in rapidly boo
rolleyes.gif
). I am working on this game room concept and I think the idea of picture in picture with a 43 inch LCD hanging from the ceiling/wall (not sure yet) and ESPN.com/ESPN split while I play pool is a killer idea. All in all with the upgrades I need (wifi/bluetooth and a wireless keyboard) it will cost me like 800 bucks. Not horrible if you think about the ability to use it as a DVD player occasionally.

Jan 16, 2005 at 11:06 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

ie: they already lost the cap to the shuffle...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back