Real Emotional Trash
Mar 9, 2008 at 11:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

zombieDave

500+ Head-Fier
I just bought Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks' "Real Emotional Trash" on the basis of a magazine review (sometimes I do this even though I've never heard of the artist, it's fun). I'm halfway through the album and I really dig it. It's hard to categorize, so Indy Jam Rock will have to do. I've never heard anything from him on the radio, but that's no surprise because everything's marketed to 13 year-old girls, anyway.

One thing I'd like to ask those who may own the CD - is the SQ considered good on this CD? It's sounds pretty good on my transportable rig - actually, surprisingly so - and I'd like to hear your opinions to see if my ears are getting better at listening (more "golden", if you will). I'm pretty confident in my positive judgment on this one, but I'd still like to hear from you. Thanks!
wink.gif

Oh, and any other recommendations on his past work are welcome.

Mar 9, 2008 at 11:15 PM Post #2 of 2
Stephen Malkmus is the key player for Pavement which is a treasure trove of music. I love Pavement but have never been able to get into S Malkmus' solo stuff. For Pavement go with Slanted& Enchanted or Crooked Rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back