real ath ad900?
Mar 12, 2009 at 8:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

tranhieu

Member of the Trade: DIY Amp Builder - AKA kytuphicanh
Caution: Incomplete Sales
this one is half cheaper than the rrp here, but i've heard that most of the audio technica floating in ebay are fakes. has anyone tried this?

Mar 12, 2009 at 8:39 AM Post #2 of 6
There hasn't been evidence of fake AD900/1000/2000s on ebay so far, so that seller is probably genuine. The shipping for the phones is £25, taking the total cost to £164; plus there's the risk of having to pay VAT when they hit UK customs. With UK retailers selling AD900s at £200, there isn't even that large of a price discrepancy in this case.

Mar 12, 2009 at 8:54 AM Post #3 of 6
I don't think there are fake AD900's, only fake sellers, & I think that's not the case here either.. I recently got my dad a new pair of AD900's from the UK for approx 18 UK Pounds more - that's incl S&H -, so from the land of origin price to me seems very possible.

So i'd say go for it..! You'll love them.

Have you asked how they will be shipped? (will you have to cough up import costs + tax?)

Mar 12, 2009 at 9:12 AM Post #4 of 6
They already stated that any import tax will not be their responsibility, but the headphones will be declared as gift to avoid any tax (if possible)
How much would the tax be? This is 1st time I imported something this big so no idea~

Quote:

Originally Posted by ptl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
With UK retailers selling AD900s at £200, there isn't even that large of a price discrepancy in this case.

Really?! where do you get that price from? The lowest one I could find in the internet is about £180

Mar 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM Post #5 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tranhieu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They already stated that any import tax will not be their responsibility, but the headphones will be declared as gift to avoid any tax (if possible)
How much would the tax be? This is 1st time I imported something this big so no idea~

Really?! where do you get that price from? The lowest one I could find in the internet is about £180

I assume the import tax would be less than £30, but it is also possible that you can avoid the tax, well just lucky
wink.gif

I think that is a very good price for AD900, consider the £ is weak atm, so you should grab them
very_evil_smiley.gif

Mar 12, 2009 at 7:03 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by tranhieu /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've just had a quick browse and prices have been pushed up recently due to the weakness of sterling. There's a decent price here but unfortunately it's out of stock at the moment.

If you're willing to consider a used pair, send me a PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back