Reaffirmation on Moondrop & 3rd party cables
May 22, 2019 at 8:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

thebeatspeaks

New Head-Fier
Hello there! I've appreciated good sound and browsed these forums various times over the years and have finally signed me self up. :) Generally I like to do as much research as I can to make an informed purchase decision with the information that's already out there, but once in awhile it's nice to get some direct feedback. I acquired a pair of 1More Triple Drivers a few months back (before having found detachable IEMs), and was quite satisfied with the sound for the price. Unfortunately the wires have already started to give out and I've been on the quest for something a little more practical. I think only detachable wires from here on out!

For a little more background, I've had Sennheisers HD555's for many years as my 'nice sounding' headphones at home. I listen to a variety of music, but with a focus on; house/techno, indie/psychedelic rock, jazzy trip-hop. Clean punchy(enough) bass, with discernible instruments and mids is what I'm striving for. I would loveee to hear a mix like this (although it's not the best source) with some nice buds.

Dubfire @ Château de Fontainebleau for Cercle

Another very good set I'd just like to share~ ♪♪♪♪

Some artists I gravitate to include; Gramatik, Muse, Cage The Elephant, The Chemical Brothers. There's also fair share of male to female vocals in my general listening. My primary listening device at work would be my Oneplus 6. I'll probably invest in a DAP eventually.

-Side note// as I'm writing this I just got a wave of deja vu and foreshadowing of the type of responses I'll get haha.. not gonna stop me from posting though.

ANYWAY, so after some delving I was thinking the Kanas Moondrop Pro KSSX version would be great for my budget of around $200 and genres, also it's slick looking. Unless there's anything else in the ballpark I could step up to that I haven't seen. I was also hoping to hear people's experience with those cheap cables that can be found on aliexpress such as this. Having an in-line microphone is important to me, but something I'd sacrifice for some great sound.

Preemptive thanks for any help and suggestions! I wont be having much time to get back here since I'll be getting ready and leaving for a little music festival tomorrow :wink: :v: :heartbeat:

May 23, 2019 at 3:04 AM Post #2 of 3
I listened into your samples, and since I had the KPE I believe that you'd like any of the Kanas series, the regular, the Pro or the KSSX.
Clean and detailed mids, quite good treble, and deep and rolling bass should work well with this.
The cable that comes with the KPE is quite good, and I think the KSSX will come with the same. you may give up some SQ if you switch to a cheap one with mic.
If that's your plan you could go for the Kanas non-pro and invest the money saved in a better aftermarket cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back