Ready-made headphone (re)cable
May 17, 2006 at 3:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

goodsound

100+ Head-Fier
Hi,
I have recabled a headphone in the past from scratch (teflon silver wire, techflex, canare plugs,..). This time I am looking for ready-made cable that I could use to recable my KOSS KSC-75. The reason I want to go that route is to preserve as much portability and flexibility as I can of the original wire.

It does not(or rather will not) have to be one of our typical diy type cables. It could also be a decent extension cable or patch cord that I can cut/replace the ends as needed.

Some examples that I am looking at are -
Radioshack part#s 42-2482, 42-2568 and Catalog #: 55012883 (this one's interesting).

Any other suggestions ?

May 18, 2006 at 3:01 PM Post #2 of 4
should I take that as a no ?
blink.gif

May 18, 2006 at 3:13 PM Post #3 of 4
Your choices for extremely small-diameter cables are limited. I'd have a look at the specs for mini starquad and see if that fits the bill. It's the smallest bulk cable I'm aware of.

May 19, 2006 at 4:54 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by n_maher
Your choices for extremely small-diameter cables are limited. I'd have a look at the specs for mini starquad and see if that fits the bill. It's the smallest bulk cable I'm aware of.

yea... mini starquad is the only thing that comes to mind atm, or if you want to go kind of half way there is always small gague speaker cords (but you have to use 2 hence the more DIY then the mini starquad)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back