Read this, if you can
Apr 25, 2007 at 4:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

mikeg

Headphoneus Supremus
fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe in 100 can.

i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh ? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs forwrad it.

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:32 PM Post #2 of 46
Cool! What's fun is that it's even easier to read fast than it is to read slowly!

Gads....! It must have taken like FOREVER to type that!!

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:37 PM Post #4 of 46
I find this very obvious.. When enough points of data are presented, and it becomes very easy to interpolate the data in between, our brain takes shortcuts because then it works faster..

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:40 PM Post #5 of 46
Actually I can read the text just fine.
...and English is not even my native language. Wow!
tongue.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:53 PM Post #6 of 46
zomg that was awesome...translated for the non strange minded readers

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg(translated)
if you can read this, you have a strange mind too
Can you read this? Only 55 people in 100

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeg(translated)
i couldn’t believe that I could actually understand what I was reading. The phenomenal power of the human mind, according to a research at Cambridge University, it doesn’t matter in what order the letter in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the right place. The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without a problem. This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole. Amazing huh? yeah and I always thought spelling was important! if you can read tihs forward it.

Apr 25, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #7 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmmtn4aj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find this very obvious.. When enough points of data are presented, and it becomes very easy to interpolate the data in between, our brain takes shortcuts because then it works faster..

Yeah, what he said. I read about this ages ago but forgot, so thanks for bringing this up
wink.gif

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #8 of 46
Funny thing it is indeed. It is often used in advertising here to draw the attention and hold it a little longer than normal.

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #9 of 46
ok, it took me a minute to figure out what was wrong, i literally didn't notice for a couple of seconds that the letters were jumbled up. weird. but then again because of severe dyslexia i cant tell if something is spelled correctly or not anyway. that was cool though!

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:25 PM Post #11 of 46
I think this was something people at the university of Cambridge discovered a few years ago. I doubt only 55 in 100 people can read it though.

^^

I know I need to get laid. No need to remind me of that fact. XD

Apr 25, 2007 at 6:06 PM Post #15 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by no1likesme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
1f y0u [4|\| r34|] 7|-|15 y0u |\|33|] 70 g37 141|]
wink.gif

Who can't read that? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back