RE2's upgrade to...?
Aug 9, 2009 at 10:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Pariah1

100+ Head-Fier
[size=x-small]So as somehow the left bud of my RE2's is blown or at least rattles on some frequencies (surprisingly not really bass parts), I'm looking for some new IEM's to go with my Cowon D2.

I have liked the RE2's with my Cowon so perhaps I should just upgrade to the RE0's that are currently on sale? Are they much like the RE2's only better? I also have a FiiO E5 amp to use with any IEM's I get (I got the RE2/E5 combo deal).

Any other suggestions? I'm looking to spend around $100 (I just can't spend more than that one something that might, like my RE2's, be blown in a year or that I'll lose or have the cable tangle and rip apart when I'm exercising or something stupid like that---I cycle on trails with IEM's on and have had the buds ripped out of my ears by branches grabbing the cables!) and the RE2's were actually my first IEM's EVER so I'm quite the newbie.
redface.gif

I tend to like fast/quick, detailed/revealing, tight/lean, analytical/bright, and forward/energetic sound with good seperation between instruments and a wide yet focused sound stage, so I want a IEM that has a sound signature that matches or is at least nuetral (the RE2 seems to cohere with my preferences). I don't care about tons of bass, I actually like lean and tight/quick articulate bass the best although I do like "slam", just not "bloat". I'm not a "warm" fan in either mids or bass as you might have guessed, and I love detail and extension in the treble (but not silibance of course!).

I listen to mostly 70's and 80's rock and pop (especially energetic bands like Rush and Queen) when I use my D2 as I use it mostly for exercising, so I don't need a IEM that sounds good with blues or jazz or classical or singer/songwriter, etc....I'll listen to that on my home stereo when I'm relaxing.

Thanks for any advice. I'm off to go read some techPowerUp reviews!
biggrin.gif
[/size]

Aug 9, 2009 at 10:10 PM Post #2 of 6
I would definitely say RE0s, especially given the tastes that you state, the RE0 sound perfect.

EDIT: If I were in your situation, I would certainly jump on the RE0. I paid $79, I think, about a year ago for my RE2.

Aug 9, 2009 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 6
Look for a thread called something like "RE0- A New Contender for the Best IEM". That should put all of your worries to rest.

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #5 of 6
^ seconded. My RE0s are better than my RE2s in every single way. Really, there's a 'house sound' with these, and the the RE0s are just *MORE* of the same in every way. Make sure to give em ample burn-in
atsmile.gif

Aug 10, 2009 at 3:20 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by LingLing1337 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Look for a thread called something like "RE0- A New Contender for the Best IEM". That should put all of your worries to rest.

It did, except for the "vocals are laid back" comment. I like a sense of urgency to my vocals, and definite forwardness.
confused_face_2.gif

However that mod mentioned seems interesting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl /img/forum/go_quote.gif
^ seconded. My RE0s are better than my RE2s in every single way. Really, there's a 'house sound' with these, and the the RE0s are just *MORE* of the same in every way. Make sure to give em ample burn-in
atsmile.gif

Sounds good, and as I suspected.

Btw I am using all FLAC files for my listening; nothing else will do for me!
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back