RE262 broke, looking to replace with Vsonic GR07
Dec 11, 2013 at 1:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

noktekniq

New Head-Fier
My RE262 from Hifiman broke because the cable suck. 
Im trying to invest in another pair of earphones. 

Currently looking at the GR07 from Vsonic. Only problem is that the RE262 was a barely a nice fit (slightly large) for my small ear canals. 
Was wondering if the GR07 is a smaller form factor and if I'll have issue with fitment. 

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:56 AM Post #2 of 11
Any V-Sonic product comes with a wide array of stock tips, and GR07 and its variants are no exception. I think 10 different sized pairs? Some members from China (Incl. HongKong and Taiwan) will also include Sony Hybrids or Comply type of memory foam tips. I'm sure one of them will be a perfect fit for you. Form factor wise, it is similar to the RE262, so you shouldn't worry. Both rest inside your outer pinna ear.

Dec 11, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #3 of 11
Dec 11, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #4 of 11
Originally Posted by stuartfang View Post

Any V-Sonic product comes with a wide array of stock tips, and GR07 and its variants are no exception. I think 10 different sized pairs? Some members from China (Incl. HongKong and Taiwan) will also include Sony Hybrids or Comply type of memory foam tips. I'm sure one of them will be a perfect fit for you. Form factor wise, it is similar to the RE262, so you shouldn't worry. Both rest inside your outer pinna ear.

Sounds good!

I think I'm going to purchase it off Amazon since easier to return if I get into any issues.
So from there, Amazon won't be giving the overseas version which has the comply foam tips.

Dec 12, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #5 of 11
Sounds good!

I think I'm going to purchase it off Amazon since easier to return if I get into any issues.
So from there, Amazon won't be giving the overseas version which has the comply foam tips.

Yes, I think so too. Easier returns, warranty, and all that, but I don't think they will include extra little gifts like the eartips.

Dec 23, 2013 at 2:21 AM Post #7 of 11
Amazon is not the place to buy Vsonics, its more expensive. This site has the most competitive pricing:

http://www.lendmeurears.com/

Dec 25, 2013 at 1:30 AM Post #8 of 11
  Amazon is not the place to buy Vsonics, its more expensive. This site has the most competitive pricing:

http://www.lendmeurears.com/

Bought a set of vsd1 from Amazon, but I'll be returning them. 
They didn't included the foam tips which was weird. Also the regular tips hurt my ears. Couldn't get a good seal on any of them. 
Time to look for new IEMS... sigh

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM Post #9 of 11
that's is unfortunate, well the VSD1 is pretty big (compared to the RE262), but I know alot of people in my life who dislike IEMs due to fit issues.

maybe you can try Final Audio Design IEMs that BenF mentioned? They have many models that are small, light-weight, and bullet shaped.
If you are used to the RE262, maybe just get another pair of it? Or one similar, with angled nozzles and a support to rest in your concha comfortably, I recommend the Phonak Audeo PFE 122, and they come with foam tips, 100% certain.

or you can try hybrid type IEMs that have a nozzle but are worn like an earbud, for example the CKM500.

by the way, is it that the tips don't fit, or the IEMs themselves are bothering your ear? I've had that issue with the Monster Turbines, since they were heavy and big, and were extremely picky with tips - too deep an insertion and it'll bend and hurt my ear's tragus and antihelix, too shallow and the sound will suffer.

memory-foam tips do not solve every fit issue. They do help for some IEMs and users, but the majority are determined not only by the tips, but the overall presentation and physical features of the housings of an IEM. I had a friend who believed that getting foam tips would help him wear the small Klipsch Image X7i's, but it just wouldn't stay in his big ears no matter what tips were used, it always "slides out," so he resorted to a CKN70, the one with the special ring on the housing to achieve a secure fit.

Dec 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #10 of 11
The VSD1 nozzle seem a bit big and the smallest earbuds were very hard and pointed. I tried to fit them in my ear and it wouldn't stay in place. If I shove a little more, I can feel the metal nozzles. 
Medium buds were too big and hard as well. I used the plastic ear loops and it would just help me "wear" the IEM instead of getting a good seal. Because of this, the sound was horrible. 

Not sure if I should try GR07 as the nozzles do move, but i believe the metal nozzles are still the same size ? 

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:01 AM Post #11 of 11
Okay, now I see that the problem would be the nozzle's size, regardless of the tips it would still cause discomfort if you try to insert them. Haha, "wearing" them! Hey, they are not fashion accessories! That sucks!

Yes, the GR07's nozzle is the same diameters and size as the VSD1, regardless of model variation.

It would be wise to return them ASAP explaining they do not fit your ears, just copy paste the post you wrote and send it as an email to involved parties.  It's unacceptable enough as there wasn't the foam tips that should have been included. As for something to replace with, I doubt now that the GR07 will fit your ears either; it would probably have the same issue as the VSD1 for its large nozzle, but I don't know if their over-the-ear wearing nature could help (that and the angled nozzle).

Maybe you can consider IEMs with thinner nozzles (2mm?) like Klipsch and Shure standards. For example the Image X7i has a ceramic body, but unbelievably comfortable and light, with oval-shaped ear tips for an optimal universal-fit. Can be worn over ear and straight down. I am guessing that you don't want to get another pair of RE262 as well, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back