RE2 doubt
Apr 12, 2010 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hatebreed15

New Head-Fier
I will use the RE2 + sansa fuze .. is necessary to use amp? please reply
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 7
Amps are overrated for IEMs IMO. Especially with phones at that price level, you're much much better off just upgrading IEMs.

The RE1 is a special case with 150 Ohms, most IEMs don't need that kind of amping.

Apr 12, 2010 at 11:49 PM Post #4 of 7
I am not a fan of amps either, because of the portability issue. RE2's do improve with an amp, though. Without one, they are pretty thin in the bass. Add one of those little Fiios and they have quite a bit more punch.

Apr 13, 2010 at 12:29 AM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott549 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am not a fan of amps either, because of the portability issue. RE2's do improve with an amp, though. Without one, they are pretty thin in the bass. Add one of those little Fiios and they have quite a bit more punch.

This is true but there's only so much that can be done for the low end of the RE2s. Still better than nothing, though.

I don't normally advocate portable amps and especially not the Fiio toys but the RE2 are very cold and the Fuze is a cool source. If you like a warmer sound the end result will be none too pleasant. An E5 does help, though whether it's worth the investment of ~60% of the cost of your IEMs is your call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back