RE0's Microphonics
Feb 25, 2010 at 6:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

fraggerz

100+ Head-Fier
I am thinking of getting a RE0 however i'm rather worried whether the cables would cause heavy microphonics as i do travel alot daily.
So i would just like to ask if u guys who own the RE0 feel that it causes lots of microphonics.

btw. i am currently using the klipsch image s4 and i wear them over the ear so i hardly feel any microphonics.

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #2 of 17
Compared to the klipsch x5s, microphonics is about the same as the RE0s.
Best way is over the ears with shirt clip and cable ring up.
If you do all this microphonics should not bother you.

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #4 of 17
If you're moving around alot you can just use the shirt clip. If that still isn't enough, hook them over your ears or buy some ear guides and that eliminates pretty much all of the microphonics. They aren't shaped for over ear but with ear guides (or even without) they should be fine.

In my mind the bigger concern when traveling is how well they isolate. You may want to get some shure olives with them or comply t400s.

Feb 25, 2010 at 10:41 AM Post #6 of 17
When wearing them over the ear, you have to use the ring on the cable to snug them up to your chin. Otherwise the cable will pop off your ear. It can be a little bothersome. Some guides would probably cure this.

Feb 25, 2010 at 12:57 PM Post #8 of 17
i only wear them over the ear and dont use the shirt clip or cable ring and dont find them to be too much of a problem. In fact i find the fit over the ear the best.

Feb 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #13 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraggerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am thinking of getting a RE0 however i'm rather worried whether the cables would cause heavy microphonics as i do travel alot daily.
So i would just like to ask if u guys who own the RE0 feel that it causes lots of microphonics.

btw. i am currently using the klipsch image s4 and i wear them over the ear so i hardly feel any microphonics.

I bought the RE0 last month. I am also a heavy traveller, take the train/bus to work everyday. I found the RE0 to have a ton of microphonics and that is the reason why I sold them. I am a huge RE0 fan, but I would never recommend these to you....NEVER.

I wore them over my ears with the Phonak Ear Guides and a shirt clip and still it was way too microphonic for travel use.

I bought the AT ATH-CK10s and they are absolutely wonderful. Much more expensive though.

Feb 25, 2010 at 5:25 PM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraggerz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Oooo...i'm from singapore...where did your friend get it?

From Null Audio. They are out of stock though.

I seem to be a bit lucky since many here in head-fi report delays in shipping and absolutely no e-mail replies from Null audio. I ordered online and my friend picked them up in person.

The address and contact number can be found here.

I suggest you go in person and check it out. You can also ask him to check his mails once in a while - would help many
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:28 PM Post #15 of 17
Wear them over the ear and listen to them for a while. At first, the microphonic noise may be very bothersome, especially if you are coming from an IEM that had very little to no microphones or if this is your first IEM. After some time, however, I find that the brain gets used to the microphonics and it is no longer bothersome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back