RE0's: Awesome for Hip Hop ! .... ???
Nov 11, 2009 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

luciobar1980

100+ Head-Fier
I have to say, there is the misconception that people that listen to hip hop should go for a bass-heavy earphone. That certainly makes sense in a way. However, there is certainly something to be said for detail, clarity, and ACCURATE bass for listening to hip hop. I'm into all types of music. Last night I listened to some different underground stuff that I'm into... in particular, last night I listened to some Quasimoto (Madlib), Company Flow, and Gang Starr. It's great to hear the samples, scratching, etc exactly the way that it came out of the equipment! It was a real pleasure to go back and listen to these tracks and hear them in a totally different and new (and better, IMO) way.

Anyways, just a little rant urging people that bass-heavy shouldn't really be a requirement for hip hop heads.
wink_face.gif

Nov 11, 2009 at 4:12 PM Post #3 of 5
Dynamics are probably the most important aspect...and tight bass, not necessarily huge quantity. The issue with hip hop music is the horrible quality of most recordings. I like my 'phones to stop on a dime.

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:33 PM Post #4 of 5
I prefer the bass on RE0 to that on ES3X and with RE0 I like listening to dance and trance. It has plenty of impact and depth for my tastes, but most importantly, the bass that RE0 produces is highly detailed, neutral and accurate.

Nov 11, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #5 of 5
I do agree that hip-hop agrees more with tight bass than with big bass. I'm not sure that my RE0s would be phones I reach for, though...too bright and sparkly. Put them next to my Atrios, and they're downright puny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back