RE0 worth the cost over nuforce ne-7m?
Aug 17, 2009 at 8:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Chaka Zulu

New Head-Fier
I've narrowed my search down to these two earphones for use with a sansa fuze I will be purchasing at the same time. My previous earphones were the RE-2's , which I liked a lot. Money is pretty tight for me right now, so I'm wondering if the re0's $50 price premium over the ne-7m's is worth it. I listen to alot of instrumental jazz and acoustic music, but also a good deal of hip hop as well. I intend to pull the trigger on one of these tonight.

Aug 17, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 6
If you don't find the RE2's lacking in bass quantity for your hip-hop listening, the RE0s are definitely worth the premium. They are superior to the RE2's in every single way and superior to the nuforces except in bass quantity and warmth.

Aug 17, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #4 of 6
I had the NE-7M for several months and was very satisfied with the crispness, bass extension & quantity, and some good detail.

Decided to go for the $100 RE0 and sell whichever didn't satisfied me in terms of value. The NE-7M lost out.

The RE0 is wonderfully detailed, but not clinical. They might not have the bass quantity of the NE-7M, but the bass QUALITY is outstanding. VERY clean and clear, making me realize the NE-7M bass was a bit flabby, bloated, blurry (nothing like the Senn CX-n00 series, mind you!).

So for me, the RE0 was well worth the extra $50. After about 80-100 hours buring/listening, they loosen up some and the bass widens some. They are pretty dependent on getting the best seal possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back