RE0-will you take it to the Gym
Jan 24, 2010 at 9:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

kunalraiker

Headphoneus Supremus
I'am starting my gym workout soon after about a year since I've last been to a gym.

I used to take my iAudio 7 and CX 300 to the gym, and used to love the bloated bass ,had all the audio- enhancements turned on and was listening to mp3s at 128 kbps and 256 kbps happily without much concern.

Until recently when I have all the gear in my Signature,I'am a bit overwhelmed about what to take to the gym now, as all my listening styles have takes a complete change,no more mp3s is just an example of what audio levels i'am listening my music.

The big question is whether I should get a pair of RE0's to take it to the gym along with my iAudio 7 FLAC now ofcourse and no more dsp
tongue_smile.gif

Is there something better out there I can try,or should I just take my Sennheiser HD 25-1 II, but then I don't like them without my amp.

I don't know whether it will help, but i will be doing some cardio- running, cycling and roving possibly stepping.

Also some free weights training.

EDIT- I've read the posts,thanks fiers.It feels as the RE0's have intense microphonics therefore its a no no, so what is the next option,how does an iGrado fair.
I know a friend that uses a PX100 at the gym what about Koss.

Jan 24, 2010 at 9:58 AM Post #3 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by weibby /img/forum/go_quote.gif
pop it into your ears,
do 10 push up and 10 jumping jacks.

If its still in, its a go. If it comes out, then it'll be annoying.

I never had a problem with my CX 300 they stayed well in
wink.gif

In fact I have problem with earbuds, they pop out even while walking,just the way my ears are.

IEM fitting will not be a problem, unless the RE0's are very slippery.

Jan 24, 2010 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 42
I would never take the RE0 to the gym, the microphonics would be way too much to be bearable to me. I generally use my NE-7M or Bijou 3 (if I really want a subwoofer next to my head) for workouts. They are also cheaper so I mind it less getting them all sweaty ...

Jan 24, 2010 at 7:24 PM Post #6 of 42
i wouldn't bring any pair of quality iem to work out in. invest in like 5 dollar skulllcandies or something.

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:06 PM Post #8 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by germanturkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i wouldn't bring any pair of quality iem to work out in. invest in like 5 dollar skulllcandies or something.

That's pure crazy talk. Sacrifice not sound quality. You only live once.

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by kunalraiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've just edited my OP,thanks for all; your replies, more comments please.

OK. Dude, Audeo PFE. Great sound, no microphonics...over the ear, looks cool...well, that's my vote.

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #11 of 42
From what I've read, the iGrado is extremely uncomfortable if it doesn't exactly fit you.

So you'll probably have to luck out with your head/neck shape/size if you want to use them.

Jan 24, 2010 at 8:24 PM Post #12 of 42
I take my RE0 + AMP3 combo to the gym and use them while i'm on elipticals

Because there's no impact, microphonics are reduced. Also, it helps that you wrap the iems behind your ears. I usually do this anyway when I'm walking to the class. The clip also helps as well.

Jan 24, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #15 of 42
Depending on the workout, you can just wrap the cord around the ears (without slack) so you don't experience any microphonics. For the workouts where it can't be wrapped, then no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back