re0 right ear drive not working :(
Dec 11, 2009 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

elk0019

Head-Fier
i had the re0 for about 5 months (got them on ebay from head-director) and they've always been flawless but 5 mins ago the right ear drive just stopped outputing sound :|

and i'm clueless to what should i do
frown.gif

i only used them with the notebook always on reasonable volume..

before they definitely stopped working i was trying to fit them better in my ear but as i pushed them deeper in the ear canal they would stop working and if i pulled them out just a little they would work again (but i tought it was my ear from too much wax)...

i'm trying to do that again now but this time they don't output nothing, it's like it's dead
frown.gif
the left ear drive works just fine though :|

a few months ago i modded them by removing the little pieces of foam inside but they still worked like a charm till now
frown.gif

i have always done maintenence on them but my ears sometimes get wet if i listen to music for a prolonged period of time but i tought that is normal??

has somebody experienced this with their re0 ?? what can i do now? i dont even know how long they are in warranty
frown.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 7:35 PM Post #3 of 7
could someone give me a clue as to what might have happened?

i really don't know what are the frequent causes of death among earphones
frown.gif

can i possibly repair them? i know that sounds crazy
frown.gif

Dec 12, 2009 at 7:59 PM Post #4 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by borako /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Call Head-direct. They come with 12-month warranty.

This.

Though from modding them you may have voided your warranty. When I saw them drop to $79 I almost ordered another pair (instead got the RE252's on the Black Friday sale) you should do so. Order a second and see if your first pair can get repaired. These IEM's are dynamite!

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:22 PM Post #6 of 7
just email head direct and find out..even if u modded it cant hurt to try

Dec 12, 2009 at 8:38 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by elk0019 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
lol? i just removed a tiny piece of foam and so i destroyed them? gotta be kidding
frown.gif

No not it at all, but most manufacturers will void your warranty if you tamper with the device. Ask Head Direct.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back