re0 mess...
May 28, 2010 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

elk0019

Head-Fier
i got a pair of re0's last year in september and they worked flawlessly till dicember... then i had to use replacement warranty because the right earpiece somehow stopped working so i had got a working pair by february, which seemed to have worked flawlessly until now...

explanation:

the right earpiece (yes, again, it is the right one) stops and starts working when i would push it inside my ear canal... like there is some sort of pressure problem... as if the pressure that i created while pushing the earpiece inside the ear would somehow affect the drive causing it not to output any sound.. (don't know how that would happen anyway it did not seem like there was a serious issue with the drive itself, morelike something was bothering it

anyway i still kept on using the iem's trying to move my jaw every once in a while when the sound would "fade"  (not suddenly stopping like it does when i push it inside my ear) so that the pressure inside the earchamber would lessen and the earpiece would again started to output ..

last night while i was watching a movie though it stopped working definitely (lessening the pressure won't get the output back on line... neither moving my jaw a bit..)

NOTE: the re0's have a piece of foam inside the output chamber and they also use a filter, anyway sometimes when i would use them for longer sessions the filter would get soaked with some kind of ear fluid... seemed something like earsweat or something, eventually when i took the earpieces off i would try and dry the filters and put them back on again... anyway last night while watching the movie i did not have either the filter not the foam inside to "protect" the drive...

fed up with having to return it again (in doubt wether they would grant me another working pair) i decided to open the earpice myself and see what's inside.. only now i don't know how this works (thus here i am posting on the forum section that seemed more appropriate)

pics below of the structure of the drive, i had to use a solvent to separate the drive from the outer metal part in which it goes into (because the drive was actually glued to the metal housing) so the solvent made contact with the metal housing of the drive but it did not go into the silicon pcb behind it, but i'm still unsure wether how could the solvent have damaged the drive just by coming in contact with it's metal casing...

is it possible that my earsweat somehow got in the drive and killed it ? although i dont see how because the drive chamber was sealed with the plastic shield so it couldn't have gone in contact with it... any tip on how i could verify if the drive still works?

May 29, 2010 at 4:53 AM Post #2 of 5
well looks like you need a new pair or are they available for warranty still?

You should get better responses in the portable headphones subforum there are more viewers there

Good luck

Jun 1, 2010 at 8:10 AM Post #3 of 5
exacly the same thing happen to me after i reed your last post "RE0 disappointment" (ironicly) , the right earpiece stops and starts working when i would push it inside my ear canal , but most of the time it doesn't work.

Jul 9, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #4 of 5
Agreed, Ive had too many problems with the RE line of headphones... this is not normal...
I've had to get replacements for the RE2's about 5 times and they constantly break!
After contacting Customer Service they agreed to send me RE0's after I paid extra money.
Well... I'm on my 3rd pair of RE0's, the first 2 broke rather quickly and the 3rd came in the mail already broken...
I dont understand how they can keep breaking like this when I take excellent care of them!

But one thing I must say is that Head-Direct has EXCELLENT customer service, I can honestly say they have the best customer service out of any company I have ever dealt with in any industry!

Jul 13, 2010 at 8:08 AM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Agreed, Ive had too many problems with the RE line of headphones... this is not normal...
I've had to get replacements for the RE2's about 5 times and they constantly break!
After contacting Customer Service they agreed to send me RE0's after I paid extra money.
Well... I'm on my 3rd pair of RE0's, the first 2 broke rather quickly and the 3rd came in the mail already broken...
I dont understand how they can keep breaking like this when I take excellent care of them!

But one thing I must say is that Head-Direct has EXCELLENT customer service, I can honestly say they have the best customer service out of any company I have ever dealt with in any industry!

wowsi! what are you doing to break them so quickly? I had my RE2s for over 1.5 years and my RE0s fo a little over one year. I used them on a daily basis. No sign of wear or tear visible.
Could you maybe desribe what you mean by "excellent care"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back