RE0, iBasso D4
Feb 14, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #2 of 7
You're in for a treat!

Feb 15, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #3 of 7
At the risk of being a killjoy, my D4 has lasted about 12 times as long as my RE0s did. Good luck.

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #5 of 7

Quote:
Currently Collecting Dust: Head Direct RE0, ...

What don't you like about RE0?

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #6 of 7
They're currently collecting dust mostly because I don't use my iPod for portable use, it's a complicated situation but currently I just have no use for them when 100% of my music listening is at home. I did, however, not like the comfort. The ridges on the metal part of the IEMs was a terrible idea, I've talked to a few people who's main complaint was that. Other than that they were alright, the quality of the cable felt iffy but it's held up so far, they also aren't very engaging. They have a good sound to them, I'd liken them to the Ad700's, but I just never had fun listening with them. I may try foamies or something though since I don't like any of the tips provided.

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:43 AM Post #7 of 7
Dem ridges.
Also try Sony Hybrids or grey UE buds, but if you did not find them very engaging, there's the SW-Xscape V2 which is a bit bassier and a bit more forward than its predecessor, the V1, which I've read is very similar to RE0.  RE252 is definitely more engaging than RE0, but then there's the fit issue for some people unless you don't mind trimming a little of the gummy material.
Well, if you get around to going portable again.

You may love TF10 for home listening as well. 
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back