RE0 for metal?
Jul 22, 2009 at 7:57 AM Post #17 of 34
Well, the phonaks I had were good for metal besides the fact that they lacked a bit of bass and were unamped in my use (they need an amp to sound better than decent) and sounded like utter crap with terribly produced compressed music such as Death Magnetic.
My atrios are nice for my alternative metal, particularily Mudvayne, Slipknot etc, but they are not the most detailed. They have slightly forward mids, deep powerful (yet not overwhelming) bass, and somewhat rolled off treble. Not the ideal thrash IEM, but alright for stuff like Wrath by Lamb Of God and anything by Mudvayne and Slipknot etc.
I like them because they are a lot more fun and engaging than the Phonaks, but are not too detailed and are a bit dark sounding.
When I can, I listen to my K240 Sextetts for metal. Gotta love those AKG mids and the nice bass that the passive radiators provide
smily_headphones1.gif
Not to mention they are a lot faster. One weakness of the atrio is that it is not as fast (a tradeoff of the dynamic driver)
From what i have read you could do with something more lively than the RE0.

Jul 23, 2009 at 11:31 PM Post #25 of 34
almost on par IMO, the RE0 is probably a bit more detailed with better instrument separation, but that's what u tend to sacrifice going from cold to warm... the ne-7m sounds much more fun/lively

Users who are viewing this thread

Back