RE0 + Fiio E5?
Dec 3, 2011 at 9:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

stinkysbsc

Head-Fier
I recently got some Hifiman RE0's!!! They are simply superb and show significant improvement over my Victor HP-RX700's! Nevertheless, I have found that they are lacking the "oomph" on the low end, I know the low end is there, it just doesn't have enough power. My question is... would the Fiio E5 be a good amp to pair with the RE0's?

Dec 3, 2011 at 10:14 AM Post #2 of 6
I've used Fiio E5 with RE-0 on Sansa Clip+ and IMHO, the improvement is not much. To be honest, it seems to be even worse than just listening without the E5. However, I'm very tempting to try the ZO2 hoping it would bring the "oomph" out for me :)

Looking forward to reading others' opinions about which amp suits the RE-0 too.

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 6
The e11 would probably be a better bet than the e5

Dec 3, 2011 at 11:46 AM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
The e11 would probably be a better bet than the e5

Yea... I was actually looking into that, however I wouldn't want to spend much more on an amp because the Fiio E11 is getting close to the price I paid for the RE0's themselves... Has anyone used the RE0's with the Fiio E11 before?

Dec 4, 2011 at 8:47 PM Post #6 of 6
How much would those cost me? I know that I can actually build a Cmoy myself, which is very intriguing, however I live in China and may have to hunt around a little for the components... :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back