RE0: experiment done, dead and buried
Dec 8, 2009 at 9:25 PM Post #16 of 21
Wow, didn't know that. Even at the original price, though, it holds its own well against the likes of the UE sf5 or the Atrios, though the more bass you prefer, the more the sheen fades.

I must admit, though, that I haven't heard the Ety ER4 series, which also sits at that price point, and would perhaps be the most appropriate head-to-head candidate.

Dec 9, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #17 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by metabaron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Problem is, the REO was originally $200, so regardless what price they are at now, they should still be compared in the $150 to $200 range in terms of SQ.

Interesting. Why has the price been dropped so low?

Dec 9, 2009 at 6:06 AM Post #18 of 21
there was first the summer sale which dropped them to 99 and then the thanksgiving dropped them to 79

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:31 AM Post #19 of 21
My RE0 did improve with the addition of the T3, but I am completely underwhelmed by the lack of build quality compared to my cheaper (and much more heavily abused) Sony IEMs. Next foray will be the SoundMagic PL50s, but I'm not in any wild hurry to get another pair of IEMs.

Dec 9, 2009 at 7:56 AM Post #20 of 21
As the other poster pointed out, a couple of sales reduced the price to $79. Which is, by the way, normal for most IEs. They start out at a very inflated price and come down to a more reasonable price eventually, only with the REO it was a very dramatic reduction in price.

Dec 9, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #21 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by metabaron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As the other poster pointed out, a couple of sales reduced the price to $79. Which is, by the way, normal for most IEs. They start out at a very inflated price and come down to a more reasonable price eventually, only with the REO it was a very dramatic reduction in price.

Fantastic news - when the JH13 Pro drops to $250, I am all over that !
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back