RE0 comparison questions
Nov 10, 2009 at 10:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

spider

New Head-Fier
I have been lurking the forums here for some time and have been very impressed by the information that can be found here.

Here are my questions, I am debating getting a set of RE0 IEMs. I have searched for the answers to this question but did not find the information that I was looking for.

Does anyone know how the re0 compares to the UE superfi 4 IEMs?

Does anyone know how the re0 compares to the ADDIEMs?

How does the bass compare to the UE SF4s, or ADDIEMs ?

I have the two IEMs listed above and have been mostly satisfied with them. I am looking for IEMs to use at the gym and I am wondering if anyone has tried using these in a gym setting. I also listen to a wide variety of music pretty much everything except for country. I enjoy a balanced sound with a fair amount of bass. I listen on my iphone 3g un-amplified.

How are they at the gym for those who know?

How are the microphonics?

Would I be better off with a set of S4's?

Nov 11, 2009 at 5:39 PM Post #3 of 3
I don't know how the new RE0s with the PPE cable are, but I have the older version that uses the fabric cable and the microphonics on this pair will most certainly be unacceptable for using at the gym in most cases, especially if you move a lot. Every little tap on the cable can be hear clearly and loudly. A shirt clip will help a little. The new ones with the PPE cable may be acceptable though I don't know. As for sound quality, RE0 will blow the apple IEMs and the UE out of the water for sure - it's a hi-fi IEM that can compete with cans like Senn HD650 and AKG K701 in most aspects, so you get the idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back