RE-ZERO adapter?
Feb 17, 2011 at 9:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

MaxMusic

Head-Fier
For clarification the adapter IS included so the RE-ZEROs can work with regular devices correct? Also, does this adapter degrade audio quality in any way? 

Feb 17, 2011 at 9:39 PM Post #2 of 11
I believe I read somewhere on here that the adpater is included so that it works on a regular headphone out. As for degradation of SQ, I think it would be minimal if at all. Likely you won't be able to hear the difference IMHO.

Feb 17, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #3 of 11

Quote:
I believe I read somewhere on here that the adpater is included so that it works on a regular headphone out. As for degradation of SQ, I think it would be minimal if at all. Likely you won't be able to hear the difference IMHO.

x2

Feb 18, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #4 of 11
My RE-Zero comes with 2 adapters, one looks like a cable extension and the other one looks fat and bulky. I don't know if they degrade the SQ at all because without an adapter, the right channel would be missing when connected to regular sources. However, it seems to me the bulky one boosts the bass a little, but still bass-lite in general.

Apr 2, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #7 of 11

Quote:
 the usual mid-bass hump

So most I.E.M's are not well balanced & usually have a mid-bass hump? or play the mid to bass frequency's with  more volume .

RE-ZERO being Balanced should give all the frequency's level playing .

Do they or do they actually lack a balanced bass response or "they sound bass light".

Sorry but I just want to be clear before I decide to buy these .

My interpretation of a I.E.M being balanced would be that they'd be designed and tested so that they produced a balanced frequency response .

So if I played a Dance track that had been produced with a bass heavy sound than these head phones being balanced should accurately produce that bass heavy sound .And the same applies for bass light sound

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:21 AM Post #8 of 11
Loudspeakers should have a flat frequency response. However, by the time it reaches our ear canal, their sound is filtered by the air, our head and our ear shape.

Because of this, flat headphones would sound horrible. So, in order to be perceived as 'flat', a 'phone must have a hump in the bass, and some filtering of high frequencies. Exactly how much will depend on personal preference, and this is why there is no "perfect" can.

To me, the RE-ZERO does not seem to have this hump in the mid-bass, and as such it (generally) sounds bass-light. However, it does have good sub-bass, so it should still be considered "balanced". It's just that the bass is different from other 'phones.

At home, with no outside noise, you can hear the sub-bass, and it is usually enough for most music. But walking in the street or in public transport, the sub-bass gets masked and they end up sounding very bass-light.

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:36 AM Post #9 of 11
Ok thanks for the info .

So you would not recommend these I.E.M for musical genres that feature lots of bass ?.Since they have a approach which is more bass-light?

Apr 2, 2011 at 12:00 PM Post #10 of 11
For outdoor use, definitely not.

For home use, it will depend on personal preference. I will say this, though, once you hear the ZERO's deep bass, you will miss it in other 'phones. But if the music relies on the bass-midbass range, it will sound quite lacking -- bass guitars, for example, are just too toned down. Electronic dance music is hit-or-miss: if the beats and/or bassline hit the sub-bass, its alright, but if they stay in the bass/mid-bass, it will sound lacking.

Overall, I would not recommend the ZEROs for dance music.

Apr 2, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #11 of 11
Thanks for that very useful info .

I currently use westone 3's I.E.M and find them to be quite warm with a deep sound in comparison to other I.E.M's I have heard.

But I have not tried out any other I.E.M's in the westone price range . Though I produce music using the popular Audio-Technica ATH-M5O ''s and the westone's are not too far behind these large headphones . Apart from the obvious physical sound characteristics ( Bigger speakers producing bigger conductive vibration)     & the  westone's don't have as much width  with low-mid bass as the ATH-M50's .

Anyway my point being is I'm wanting to find more a Budget I.E.M to use at work . But they must still be able to give a well balanced musical representation or have a similar signature then the ATH-M50's and westone's .

I'm thinking maybe westone 2's . I really like the comfort and secure fit of the westones ( after a slight modification/extension of the ear buds ).

But that's at the limit of what I wish to pay

Any suggestions ?.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back