Re:Thirty-three.com -- custom headphone stands made from recycled vinyl
Sep 26, 2011 at 10:49 PM Post #18 of 30
Mikeyax, sorry if that sounded condescending or something bad like that, it's just every set of cans in the picture was circumaural and I was curious how that screw fared on foam. And now that I look closer, it doesn't look like a hex head (not sure why I thought it did before though) so it doesn't seem like it would hurt much if any.

And now that I know it's wood, it doesn't seem rough at all, it's just wood grain. I thought it was metal at first which led me to believe it was really rough. Any option to do another finish, or even bare wood on that part? I actually think it would look better as a contrasting piece in there. Again, not trying to criticize anything detrimentally here, just commenting on the build.

Sep 27, 2011 at 10:07 AM Post #19 of 30
To Kiteki, the choice is random for the most part or I can send a PM with a list of what I have currently. You also may send your own vinyl to me and I can make a custom stand.

To SML, No need to apologize. I just wanted to clarify, as there seemed to be questions surrounding the stands. I can use any color stain you like (per customer request). Also, you can certainly choose not to have stain at all.

Thanks for the comments guys and gals.

Mike 

Oct 8, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #23 of 30
blink.gif
 No Capito.

Quote:

Recycling vinyl, very nice... it's like fur coats.

Oct 10, 2011 at 7:20 PM Post #25 of 30
I have some nice cherry red vinyls that would look great turned in to a stand, sadly(not really) they are in perfect condition ughh maybe ill find two in this 30 year old collection that are in bad enough condition for it.

Oct 15, 2011 at 11:38 AM Post #28 of 30
Are you sure you don't have two accounts? How can I be sure you are not me?
Anyways I guess my PM to him didn't send, I'mm sad because I typed alot but basically I'm a poor high school student who also has a record player(so I can actually listen to my records), a amplifier, and a keyboard/piano to buy and I just dropped 200 on the Shure 940. So it's going to be a while before I could get a stand.
Also I was thinking couldn't the record be cut like a pizza and tri-folded into wall hooks? First fold for nail to wall,second for the headphones, third for a little lip to keep the headphones from slipping. Maybe a second peice of vinyl underneath for reinforcement. It would probably be a lot cheaper considering its using ~1/6th of a vinyl compared to two of them.
Do mind I am a high school student with little to no real life experience so I am probably underthinking something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back