Re-termination cable (local help)
Apr 8, 2022 at 12:31 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

iMemphis

Head-Fier
Me being dumb, I purchased a Effect Audio Leo cable and bought their TermX (i thought it was a easy hot swap) -- and didn't realize I had to Re-terminate it, with TermX. I have no clue how to do this, and was wondering if anyone knew someone local to me (Los Angles CA 90047) that might be able to do this for me? Of course I will pay for this service.

Apr 8, 2022 at 3:23 AM Post #2 of 3
1. Check if EA can re-terminate for FREE since you purchased a connector from them.

2. Plussound Audio is in LaLa Land. I believe they re-terminate for FREE if you purchase a connector. But since you already have the TermX, you will have to check with them for the latest re-termination prices.

You will have to weigh International shipping costs for #1. #2 sounds good because it's domestic shipping + re-termination fee, but you have to weigh the QC. PlusSound is solid too, but the solder synergy is a factor.

Note: IMHO, solder is very important. EA will use the correct solder since it's a EA cable. PlusSound will use their own in-house solder unless you request other.

Solder can vary from brand name solder to in-house proprietary mixes.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #3 of 3
1. Check if EA can re-terminate for FREE since you purchased a connector from them.

2. Plussound Audio is in LaLa Land. I believe they re-terminate for FREE if you purchase a connector. But since you already have the TermX, you will have to check with them for the latest re-termination prices.

You will have to weigh International shipping costs for #1. #2 sounds good because it's domestic shipping, but you have to weigh the QC. PlusSound is solid too, but the solder synergy is a factor.

Note: IMHO, solder is very important. EA will use the correct solder. PlusSound will use their own in-house solder unless you request other.

Solder can vary from brand name solder to in-house proprietary mixes.

Gotcha thank you for the response!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back